NBA Sim League

DDS...that was the thing that one dude ran here a couple years ago. I remember liking that a little more than FBB(mostly everyone did) but I guess dude couldn't really handle it anymore.

I'm ALL for this one if we can make it happen.

Actually...how much is it?

Well it's up to him.

My only thing though is that if I do it, I'm gonna want a couple people to do it with me this time to make things easier.

My guess as to why leagues here never work out, is because there was probably only one person simming. With 2-3 people simming and running the league, leagues last longer and give the people simming a little less stress since they know they would have a back up. Also, keep a consistent sim time is very good.

The only way I would start a league here is if people were definitely willing to take over the league. I can teach you how to import depth charts and what not, how to upload the files (via an FTP program), etc. But there is no way I can sim for the league. Especially since March is my month to sim for my league (we alternate months).

Also, the off season can be a b**ch to get through as well, having to upload the rookie file and what not. DDS:PB leagues can be tough to maintain, so it's something that definitely takes time to keep going.

I have some experience working fbb and being a co-simmer back in a couple leagues (Celtics was a mod there I think). The only thing that kept me from becoming a simmer was that nobody ever taught me how to upload. If someone could teach me then I will definitely try to help out.

• Owner

The only thing that has ever worked on OTR (where everyone actually stuck with it) was the mock season. Not much goes into it, really, so it's basically just trading and using your knowledge of the players.

I was planning on starting it up soon, but if you guys are wanting something else, then it's no big deal.

If needed I wouldn't mind helping, I have time on my hand but I don't have much experience with simming although I do have quite a fair bit of experience in sim leauges (been in about 10 or so).

The game, Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 1 (there is a version 2 out but I haven't gotten it and I don't have much experience with it) costs $19.99. I do believe that once you get the license for the game, you can use the license twice as I used my first one on my older laptop (a month later, it died on me) and now I'm using my new one and I used the same license.

So do keep that in mind if you guys plan on using DDS:PB. If you decide to use FBB, I wont be able to help you as I don't have any experience with that game. Here are some examples of what the stats page looks like in DDS.

Player card - Yao Ming

Team Roster

Player Ratings

What a typical boxscore looks like

So obviously you get a very in depth game compared to FBB but you gotta pay for it. So let me know if you guys are truly interested in a DDS:PB OTR Sim League and let me know when the simmer(s) have purchased the game and we can get started.

You also might want to determine if you're going to use original rosters or go with a draft. In my league, we mapped out the draft into 12 days, 1 day for each round. GMs had a 30 minute time window throughout the day to draft a player. If they didn't make their time, the pick would be auto-picked. It was great and it assured that each GM got the true team they wanted. Or you can hold the draft within 1-3 days. However you want to do it.

Let's get some ideas thrown around as to what you guys want to happen.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

I'll see about getting it tonight or tomorrow since that's pretty reasonable.

I think a draft for something like...6 rounds 1 day then the other 6 the next would be cool.

Or 4 rounds each for 3.