NYC Bomb Scare

Guest Zyzz

These people won't rest until the NYC is broken down and buried. Just another one of the hundreds of reason why i'd never try to raise a family in that place. With ammo like that i'm sure that explosion would've cleared at least 85 innocent people. Can you imagine being the owner of the vehicle where the license plate was taken from?

NEW YORK -- A Pakistan-born U.S. citizen accused of driving a bomb-laden SUV into Times Square and parking it on a street lined with restaurants and Broadway theaters was to appear in court Tuesday to face charges that he tried to set off a massive fireball and kill Americans, federal authorities said.

The suspect, Faisal Shahzad, was taken into custody late Monday by FBI agents and New York Police Department detectives at Kennedy Airport while trying to board a flight to Dubai, according to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and other officials. He was identified by customs agents and stopped before boarding, Holder said early Tuesday in Washington.

[unconfirmed reports said Shahzad already was onboard the flight to Dubai, and that the plane was recalled to the gate, where he was arrested. "They just caught him at the last second," a federal law enforcement source reportedly told one cable news outlet.]

Shahzad is a naturalized U.S. citizen and had recently returned from a five-month trip to Pakistan, where he had a wife, according to law enforcement officials who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the investigation into the failed car bombing.

The U.S. attorney's office in Manhattan was handling the case and said Shahzad would appear in court Tuesday, but the charges were not made public. FBI agents searched the home at a known address for Shahzad in Bridgeport, Conn., early Tuesday, said agent Kimberly Mertz, who wouldn't answer questions about the search.

Fox News

Wow. What a surprise. A Paki.

But...but...the Christians are what's wrong in society today.

I'm sure this was just anther oppressed citizen who did this because we "made him" do it.:rolleyes:

If you believe this was done by anyone but the CIA you're... ../../public/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif

No, it was the Illuminati.

Edited by Flash

These people won't rest until the NYC is broken down and buried. Just another one of the hundreds of reason why i'd never try to raise a family in that place. With ammo like that i'm sure that explosion would've cleared at least 85 innocent people. Can you imagine being the owner of the vehicle where the license plate was taken from?

What do you mean, "these people?"

• Like 1

You know what he means.

He's talking about the crazy Islamic extremists that don't know jack [expletive].

Shame on you, ECN! How dare you think these Islamic radicals are to blame for it? Its obviously our countries fault for being so terrible towards everyone else.

Who said they aren't to blame? But let's be honest, there is a reason why people do this. It's not an excuse for them to do this, but it's understandable. Now, once again, not saying it's right or that it is justifiable, but it's definitely understandable. America has been tampering in the Middle East for decades now, and don't say America didn't see this coming. We even trained some of them, Osama Bin Laden for example. Also, how would you like it if Iran, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, etc. all had naval ships near America's coast, because America has them near their coasts. America has been in the Middle East for a long time now and there is a reason why these terrorist groups gained power in the first place.

And you are acting like all Muslims are horrible. Christians can be just as bad, just look at Christianity's past history, such as the Inquisition (burning people at the stake is definitely the way to go), the Crusades, etc.

New York is the place to do everything, amazing security though. When I was in New York everything looked normal, but the amount of cameras and technology in that area is incredible..that explosion would have killed a load of people. There is no terror threat that we can't deal with at this day and age, I hope.