Ric Bucher: Shaq Had A lot To Do With The Lockroom Tension

Ric Bucher on an interview with Colin Cowherd:

Nobody can overstate the impact Varejao's injury had on this series. When he plays at full-strength and they can use their athletic bigs, the Cavs are very good. The problem is that when Shaq isn't playing he's in the locker room asking guys: "How many rings do I have? And how many rings does Mike Brown have? And I'm the one not playing?" And I guarantee you the players are listening more to Shaq and not Mike Brown. We know Shaq was unhappy about his role. But the way they needed to play in this series was to keep Shaq on the bench. But Brown couldn't afford to do that because he risked losing his locker room and he risked losing Shaq for the next round.

Above Legit posted it on CTS, I thought it was pretty interesting. Ric Bucher just has a habit of starting [expletive].

No Shaq did need more playing time and more touches; one game i distinctly remember the cavs making a push at the end of the game then Mike just sat shaq down and then the cavs faltered.

See I don't believe that because all season he was very quiet and tried to fit in. However, I think I was trying to hard to make myself like the Shaq deal because deep down inside I knew it just wouldn't work, but then again, what will work with LeBron. Still trying to figure that out.

See I don't believe that because all season he was very quiet and tried to fit in. However, I think I was trying to hard to make myself like the Shaq deal because deep down inside I knew it just wouldn't work, but then again, what will work with LeBron. Still trying to figure that out.

A good post player that isn't 6 years past his prime.