Borderline HOFs

Mentch

Alright, list players here that had a very good and storied career, but don't quite measure up to Hall of Fame standards. This includes past and current players (if you measure their progress up to this point in time)

- Mark Jackson (has the career stats, but mostly a stats accumulator, only lead the league once in assists)

- Chris Webber (actually, I'm not quite sure on this guy)

- Ben Wallace (4 GREAT years, but that's about it)

- Reggie Miller (great 3-point shooter, but he doesn't have a championship)

Edited by Mentch

Miller is definitely in the HOF

I think C-Webb should be in too

not sure about the others.

Why?

They are both 5x All-Stars, which is right about at the cut-off point for the HOF, in both football and basketball.

In football, there are plenty of 5x Pro Bowlers that aren't in the HOF (i.e. Ricky Watters, Irving Fryar, Donovan McNabb)

I don't see why it has to be any different in basketball. Yes, Miller was an extremely good 3-point shooter, and a clutch player. I think he should be in. But not having a championship will definitely hurt his argument.

Even though he's still active, I think Vince Carter is a borderline HOFer.

Carter is an 8x All-Star, with an impressive resume, including being the slam-dunk champion.

I think he's in, maybe not a lock, but he'll get in.

Carter is an 8x All-Star, with an impressive resume, including being the slam-dunk champion.

I think he's in, maybe not a lock, but he'll get in.

In my opinion, he has the same chances as Yao. He impacted the game a lot if you saw what he did in the Toronto years, before quitting that is. Yao did the same for China, which is the most populated place on the Earth. Both have impressive resumes, and an injury plagued career. Neither are winners, so borderline HOFers.

In my opinion, he has the same chances as Yao. He impacted the game a lot if you saw what he did in the Toronto years, before quitting that is. Yao did the same for China, which is the most populated place on the Earth. Both have impressive resumes, and an injury plagued career. Neither are winners, so borderline HOFers.

Yao had about 3 healthy years of 20/10, and after that he was an All-NBA 25/10 player who was only on the court for half-seasons, getting out of the first round only once. He made a great impact on the international landscape, but I don't think he deserves to be in the HoF. ESPECIALLY not over Carter, who had a 2-3 years of injuries but still managed to be a 25/5/5 type player for the majority of a decade. Not to mention he's had halfway decent playoff success, was the greatest highlight reel player in NBA history IMO, and also you can throw in his 2000 Gold Medal.

As for current players who are either in their prime or past their prime, I think T-Mac, Pierce, and MAYBE Chauncey are borderline.

Yao had about 3 healthy years of 20/10, and after that he was an All-NBA 25/10 player who was only on the court for half-seasons, getting out of the first round only once. He made a great impact on the international landscape, but I don't think he deserves to be in the HoF. ESPECIALLY not over Carter, who had a 2-3 years of injuries but still managed to be a 25/5/5 type player for the majority of a decade. Not to mention he's had halfway decent playoff success, was the greatest highlight reel player in NBA history IMO, and also you can throw in his 2000 Gold Medal.

As for current players who are either in their prime or past their prime, I think T-Mac, Pierce, and MAYBE Chauncey are borderline.

His impact international is greater than literally anyone who ever played in the NBA. I think that's his only shot at the HOF. That's why I feel he's borderline. Same with Carter. Carter isn't any more deserving, and I think he and Tracy admitting to quitting on their team will hurt their chances as well.

His impact international is greater than literally anyone who ever played in the NBA. I think that's his only shot at the HOF. That's why I feel he's borderline. Same with Carter. Carter isn't any more deserving, and I think he and Tracy admitting to quitting on their team will hurt their chances as well.

Carter is certainly more deserving, he's had a far better, more accomplished NBA career. And as for the injury thing...VC's averaged 73 games played per year over his 12 years in the league. Yao has averaged 60 games played over his 8 year career, and it's in doubt if he can go on much longer.

What will hurt VC is that he never led a team too far in the playoffs, and even in his absolute prime he was a cut below some of the other elite swingmen of his era. T-Mac's injuries and lack of any post season success might kill him...but there's only a very small handful players who have averaged 32.1PPG/6.5RPG/5.5APG in a season or led the NBA in scoring in back to back years.