Michael Beasley vs JJ Hickson

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Beas without question.

I always laugh when people knock his work ethic. Kid is arguably the hardest worker on this team. I've never seen someone be as hard on themselves as he is. Once he puts it all together he's gonna be great.

Beasley's just better than Hickson. There's really nothing Hickson does that makes me say, this guy clearly does this better than Beasley. He's just a backup, floor-spacing, athletic power forward who can defend a bit. Before you guys say, well that's a lot of good qualities, how many minutes has Brandon Bass gotten this season?

Hickson is a better defender than Beasley, but Beasley's better offensively in most respects. I'd take Beasley.

Beas without question.

I always laugh when people knock his work ethic. Kid is arguably the hardest worker on this team. I've never seen someone be as hard on themselves as he is. Once he puts it all together he's gonna be great.

I think Spolestra is holding him back, big time. He's a dumb coach.

Beas without question.

I always laugh when people knock his work ethic. Kid is arguably the hardest worker on this team.

Musn't be a hard working team, then. And with players like O'Neal, Richardson, Alston and Magloire, it seems to only back that up. Although I'm still taking Beasley in this comparison, I don't understand the fanboy-ism for Beasley. He's not that good. He's not even half of that good.

Musn't be a hard working team, then. And with players like O'Neal, Richardson, Alston and Magloire, it seems to only back that up. Although I'm still taking Beasley in this comparison, I don't understand the fanboy-ism for Beasley. He's not that good. He's not even half of that good.

Uh, Q looked like a different human being once he stepped on the court here? He worked his [expletive] off the second he got to Miami and ended up being a starter for the entire season.

Its not "fanboy-ism" either, its realizing that he's got incredible potential and that he's only going to get better.

• Like 1

We haven't seen enough of JJ to go against or for him. One more year of starting and I'll be able to compare.

I think JJ has a better attitude, and is more open to improvement, so I'd take him now.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

6-year player Dorell Wright said that last summer was the most competitive off-season he's seen since he joined the Heat team, and he was here during the Heat's championship season. Any remark you find that suggests the Heat to not be a hard-working team are mere blind judgments.

Edited by Poe

Its not "fanboy-ism" either, its realizing that he's got incredible potential and that he's only going to get better.

From his first to his second year, I saw literally almost no difference in his play which suggests a far reaching ceiling. I'll just disagree because I'm not in a mood to argue about Beasley anymore. You can never really win an argument against a fanboy, anyway.

Don't bother with him. If he's going to ignore you just because of your fanship, there's no point in arguing. He's decided that a kid can't grow up, but we as fans who have watched all of his games on this team have seen his capabilities. We know his potential for the right reasons, and let's just leave it at that. He'll see the outcome in time.

I just don't see why people are so hard on a 20 year old who was a project and is good for 15 points a night and 6 rebounds with beyond inconsistent minutes.

He was expected to be a game-changing superstar right away. People drooled over the kid the way people drool over John Wall, and he's shown little to back up the hype.

15 points, 6 rebounds, and little defense looks a little anemic for a second overall pick when Kevin Durant is putting up 30. Andrea Bargnani puts up 17 and 6 with slightly more defensive impact and what has that done for Toronto?

Top two picks can't be decent...they need to be special, especially with guys like Russell Westbrook and Brook Lopez taken afterwards. Right now, Beasley is an above-average scorer who projects into being a good scorer, but not a great scorer because he only knows how to score in iso situations, he doesn't have a great feel for the game, and he's not all that creative a player. The styles of play are different, but he looks like a future Antawn Jamison type, and that isn't all that much to get excited about.

He's 20 years old, he should improve...but how much do players with limited feel for the game actually improve?

Beasley hasn't been able to develop like a traditional number 2 overall pick though. He hasn't been able to go through growing pains, he hasn't been able to keep shooting when his shot isn't falling, he hasn't been able to have the offense run through him for extended stretches of a season. A number 2 overall pick, like Durant, is able to develop their game at their own pace, they develop their game while their team gets smashed. Beasley's development is being halted by a lack of confidence because he is expected to be a 2nd option next to a ball dominant superstar in Dwyane Wade.

If Beasley was drafted by a [expletive] team like the Wolves or Kings he would be putting up over 20 a game and this wouldn't even be a discussion, Hickson is a mediocre prospect, he is an athletic big man who can dunk the ball and has almost nothing else to his game right now.

Beasley will not be better than Rose, probably not Westbrook or Lopez either, but this topic is just insulting to a player as talented as Beasley. Another big problem is this kid is a 3, playing him at the 4 is the same situation with Jamison, he is just going to get owned by big guys.

Edited by travesy3

And this is why it's pointless arguing with you. You live in a fairy world.

So to think that a #2 overall pick that dominated in high school and college, that has everything you need in his skill package to be a top scorer, has continually shown flashes of dominance, plays for a team that focuses on developing his defense before giving him offensive freedom, plays a position that usually takes more time to develop, and is just barely 21 years old and has a very high chance to grow into a great player... means that I live in a fairy world?

Sorry, I have legitimate reasons as to why I'm confident in Beasley's future, as well as the Heat coaching staff, and many other coaches around the league including Larry Brown and George Karl. The only reasons you give, on the other hand, are that because he's a part of my favorite team (which most likely means I have watched him play more than anyone else on this forum), my thoughts on him don't count. I think I have more of a reason than you to call YOU out on living in a fairy world... at least until you finally back your [expletive] up.

No you don't. You're reasons are.. 'oh man he's so good. he dominated high school and college!' :rolleyes: sighh.

And your reasons for him never amounting to anything are? The fact that he only averaged 15 and 6 this season?

Oh man, I TOTALLY see it your way now! That point you made was... umm.... the proof you gave showed me... no... you did a great job backing up your claim....nah that's not right either.. hmmm...

Edited by Poe

So to think that a #2 overall pick that dominated in high school and college, that has everything you need in his skill package to be a top scorer, has continually shown flashes of dominance, plays for a team that focuses on developing his defense before giving him offensive freedom, plays a position that usually takes more time to develop, and is just barely 21 years old and has a very high chance to grow into a great player... means that I live in a fairy world?

Sorry, I have legitimate reasons as to why I'm confident in Beasley's future, as well as the Heat coaching staff, and many other coaches around the league including Larry Brown and George Karl. The only reasons you give, on the other hand, are that because he's a part of my favorite team (which most likely means I have watched him play more than anyone else on this forum), my thoughts on him don't count. I think I have more of a reason than you to call YOU out on living in a fairy world... at least until you finally back your [expletive] up.

You didn't prove anything in that post, it's basically all opinionated.