DeMarcus Cousins disses Andrew Bynum

While everyone at the Staples Center was busy cheering and lighting cars on fire when the Los Angeles Lakers beat the Boston Celtics for their sixteenth NBA Championship, verbal shots were being fired over in Sacramento.

Via his Twitter account, the Sacramento Kings’ first round draft pick, DeMarcus Cousins, had this to say about Lakers center, Andrew Bynum:

“Bynum doesn’t deserve to touch the trophy!”

Tough talk from a guy who couldn’t lead the most talented college basketball team in the country to a championship.

Rather than trying to re-ignite the Lakers-Kings rivalry that once existed when the Kings were actually good, Cousins would be better served trying to focus on the upcoming season.

Click for more

• Owner

As far as this statement is concerned...well, good luck against Drew. Aside from Yao, Bynum is the best offensive center in the league.

I hate Cousins...but I won't deny his potential. I just think this was stupid, though. Not a single game under his belt, yet he's got something to say to someone who would clearly dominate him under the rim? Okay...

As far as this statement is concerned...well, good luck against Drew. Aside from Yao, Bynum is the best offensive center in the league.

I hate Cousins...but I won't deny his potential. I just think this was stupid, though. Not a single game under his belt, yet he's got something to say to someone who would clearly dominate him under the rim? Okay...

I think Bogut might be better than Drew as an offensive center but I agree with everything else you have said.

Can't post the full article, and you have to have the link. Not exactly our rules, either...just something all blogs/forums have to follow.

I did put the link but it wasn't working for me so I just posted the whole article. IDK maybe I did it the wrong way.

• Owner

I think Bogut might be better than Drew as an offensive center but I agree with everything else you have said.

Yeah...Bogut is actually a willing passer. I think Bynum is the better scorer. Drew would probably dominate Cousins more than Bogut could, assuming he's healthy (ha).

Guest STL10

I lol'ed.

Strong words coming from a guy who has yet to play a NBA game. Get ready to get dominated for 4 games next season.

Not exactly a ground-breaking statement. The Kings are bad, and LA are the repeating champions...

Edited by STL10

Not exactly a ground-breaking statement. The Kings are bad, and LA are the repeating champions...

We were 4-0 against them last season but the Kings actaully match up really well against us. I think the whole rivarly thing gets them rilled up. In our first meeting they took us into double ot, we won by 1 in the second meeting, we won by 7 in the third meeting, and 6 in the last meeting. The Kings are bad in terms of record but not when it comes to playing us.

Guest STL10

We were 4-0 against them last season but the Kings actaully match up really well against us. I think the whole rivarly thing gets them rilled up. In our first meeting they took us into double ot, we won by 1 in the second meeting, we won by 7 in the third meeting, and 6 in the last meeting. The Kings are bad in terms of record but not when it comes to playing us.

Kings vs. Lakers has always been a great rivalry.

Guest STL10

Really hope Cousins is successful in the NBA, would love to see him be a top PF in the league someday.

He will either be a top PF or a top hot-dog eater.

Chestnut look out!

Regular season rivalry, yes. Other than that, no. They've never tackled us in a playoff series.

http://hoopscribe.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/donaghy.jpg

Edited by Flash
  • Like 2

• Owner

If he really did throw the game and changed the entire series (which was already put to sleep by Sky, but nobody reads anything pro-Lakers), I guess I can regain my suspicions about other teams and referees as well, namely in 2006.

• Like 1

Game 5 of the 2002 NBA WCFs:

"Bryant led the Lakers with 30 points but missed a potential game winner; replays tended to show Bobby Jackson clearly grabbing his jersey on the shot, although no foul was called. O'Neal had 28 points, but did not take a shot in the 4th quarter and fouled out; interestingly, O'Neal attempted only one free throw the entire game, despite attempting 18 field goals. For the game, the Kings enjoyed a significant free throw advantage, attempting 33 to the Lakers 23."

lmao..this is exactly what i thought when i read reals post, they deserved to be in the finals that year imo..and now theyll never get back to bein that good, just sad.