Kings are looking pretty good

Poe

They have a very nice amount of depth, especially in the big man positions.

Beno Udrih /

Tyreke Evens / Francisco Garcia

Omri Casspi / Donte Greene

Carl Landry / Jason Thompson

DeMarcus Cousins / Samuel Dalembert

With Evens on the road to superstardom, Landry playing out of his mind in Houston before gaining a larger role with this team, and Cousins now tearing up the summer league, the Kings look to have a bright future... or even a bright present.

All they need is a back up at point guard (or a starter and move Udrih to the bench... depending on what's available to them). I'd actually be surprised if they didn't make the playoffs, or at least came close since the West is still a pretty tough conference.

Like the Thunder before them, they could start becoming a pretty scary team as they gain collective experience.

Man, who are these guys on this roster? I'll be surprised if they finish 10th in the West.

Well let's see.

Tyreke Evens was the rookie of the year, and was among only 4 players to ever score 20 points, grab 5 rebounds, and dish 5 assists per game in their rookie years.

Carl Landry who averaged 17 points and 6 rebounds off the bench for Houston and looked to be on his way to getting sixth man of the year before becoming involved in a trade that landed the Rockets Kevin Martin.

Top 5 pick DeMarcus Cousins, who is dominating the Summer League averaging 18 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 1 block per game in 30 minutes of action thus far. He's going to be a beast in the NBA, and clearly looks to be on his way to being among the top centers in the league in a couple years.

Or how about the four position wonder in 6'11'', 230 lbs Donte Greene, who if he continues to develop his all around game, may become the next Lamar Odom.

Or how about sophomore Omri Casspi who had a very nice rookie year averaging 10 points and 5 rebounds off the bench on very good shooting numbers (to the exception of his free throw shooting, which we should expect to improve).

Beno Udrih ain't too bad either. He averaged 13 points, 5 assists, and 1 steal in 30 minutes per game, plus a very nice 50% FG, 38% 3PT, and 83% FT. And when given a larger role when Tyreke got hurt, he's shown the capability of scoring 20 points and dishing 10 dimes on any given night.

Add all that with Jason Thompson, Samuel Dalembert, and Francisco Garcia coming off the bench, and the Kings are looking like a very, very nice team. I'd find it a surprise if they finished below 9th in the West.

Yea, Cousins plays PF. He's too small to play C.

What? Too small my [expletive]. He's 6'11'' and 270 lbs. :lol:

Plus both ESPN.com and NBA.com both say his official position is at center.

Edited by Poe

Yea, Cousins plays PF. He's too small to play C.

Not really. Cousin has an inch and some weight on Dwight Howard when he first came into the league. 6'11'', 270lbs is plenty of size at the C position.

Anyway, I'm really liking this Kings team right now. From the little I've seen of Cousins (I don't watch a ton of college or SL ball), he has some TREMENDOUS skills. I wasn't expecting him to be as polished in the post as he is, and that is very refreshing to see as many big men don't have that fresh from college. Along with Tyreke, who is already a top 20 or so player and will only get better, and the other bright young talents on this team, they could make some noise. And I really do think that might be sooner (1-2 years) rather than later.

Adding another top 5 pick to this core would be outstanding... teams should take notes because this is how you build a championship contender long term... through the draft, not patching up through FA.

They have a nice start but they still need a 3rd main piece with Cousins and Reke, hopeffully for the Kings sake Cousins turns into the player people think he can be, if he does they have a very bright future.

Yea exactly. So Cousins should start over Landry instead of Dalembert and he would get destroyed by guys like Shaq and Howard if he plays Center.

Dwight Howard = 6'11'', 265 lbs

DeMarcus Cousins = 6'11'', 270 lbs

:rolleyes: I'm tired of repeating myself...

yeah they're looking pretty good and most importantly pretty young! so much rookies. Omri Casspi is becoming a good player. Tyreke Evans is already amazing and Cousins is a beast on the post even though he has a lot of things to improve. They look better then last year but I doubt they even get close to make the playoffs

Dalembert should start in front of Cousins.

Nah I don't think so. I see Cousins starting. Dalembert will play off the bench. Or Cousins at PF position and Dalembert at C position. The coach will decide that. But if someone has to start, I give it to Cousins, so he develops faster