Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Cobb

I know a few guys said they were going to see the midnight premier, so what'd you think of it?

Just got back home. It's 1am here, the movie finished at 12.15am.

First initial thoughts; a bit slow, but I'd watch it twice without problem.

Also, the books and even the movies before this one were, in my opinion, really well received because they never went off the story line. They didn't sway into any social or political factors. Of course, there was the friendship between the Harry, Ron and Hermoine, but this movie really tried to make 'relationships' happen. Just throughout, there was scenes where they'd cut to a girl staring at Harry with a look of 'love' upon her face. They seemed to try force it too much. Also **SPOILER ALERT** the 'thing' between Ginny and Harry happened way too fast and looked really awkward.

Apart from that, really good. There was some comedy bits which had the whole crowd laughing; there was the usual drama; there was a little suspense; and it left a lot of questions unanswered (to those who obviously haven't read the books), which I liked quite a lot because it sets up for a great ending for the next two movies. I also liked that Dumbledore had a more prominent role in this movie and slowly became central without casting Harry aside. I think they could have done a better job with Slughorn, with the ways he acted and behaved. I imagined him to be more jolly, less sad, but he was watchable. The Quiddich match, or the part we got to see was nice. Hagrid, to me, looks like he lost about 100lbs. Ron played his part really well. This was easily the best movie for him. Out of 10, I think this movie deserves an 8.5.

Edited by AtTheDriveIn

As a stand alone movie, it was good. But if you love the books, it will be very disappointing. They stray too far from the book, don't give enough details, and added random scenes. Not to mention prominent characters like Rufus Scrimgeour and the whole Bill Weasley wedding announcement weren't in it.

• Like 1