Diogu Unlikely To Re-Sign With Kings

The Kings haven't had any conversations with free-agent forward Ike Diogu since they declined his qualifying offer of $3.9 million.

Diogu told the Sacramento Bee that "about 10 teams" have shown interest in him, including Atlanta, New Orleans, Boston, Dallas, Charlotte, Toronto, Denver and Washington.

Sacramento still has $6 million in cap space and are believed to be looking for a front court player.

"I haven't had any conversations with them (since the offer was declined)," agent Thaddeus Foucher said. "With the way they finished up, I thought we could've got something done really quick, but obviously they went in a different direction and that's their prerogative. (But) if you look at the team and what they need, I think he'd be a perfect fit."

Diogu appears disappointed that the Kings haven't shown any interest in bringing him back.

"I was disappointed (the Kings declined the offer), because I felt that I handled myself extremely well in a very tough situation last year," he said. "I felt I could've helped the team a lot earlier than I was given the chance to, and I felt like they knew what they were getting."

Via Sacramento Bee

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60586/20090715/diogu_unlikely_to_re_sign_with_kings/