WK3: Dallas @ Houston

Real Deal

• 5 weeks later...

Pride game for Dallas, they won't lose.

oh yes they will, they have nothing going for them so far on defense, running game and even the pass game is off at times. I believe that Dallas will have a good game but not well enough for them to pull out a W against a very solid Texans team who is clicking on both sides of the ball and coming off 2 great wins against the Colts and Skins.

Not sure how I feel about this one. At some point, Dallas is bound to break out for a big game, it's just a matter of when. I do feel like Romo has the ability to really tear apart this Texan defense. He has the mobility to move out of the pocket which is a huge advantage against that great Dline and the receivers around him to exploit that extremely weak secondary.

But the Texans can do the same, if not better, when they have the ball in their hands.

Going to be an interesting game indeed, for now I'll go with the Texans in another shootout. No one in that Cowboy secondary has the ability to cover Andre Johnson.

The Texans should win this game for a couple of reasons.

1. Were 2-0 and #1 in our division and we want it to stay that way.

2. Dallas is 0-2 and is struggling offensively and the last thing we want is for Dallas to get their first win against us.

3. The game is in Houston so the crowd is behind them, there's no way the Texans should lose this game.

However I do think this well be a tough game for the Texans as the Cowboys are already being trashed by the media and we already beat them in the pre-season. So they will be seeking revenge Sunday and I believe this will be a good, tough, physical game but I just can't see the Texan's losing this game.

Edited by htownborn

The Texans should win this game for a couple of reasons.

1. Were 2-0 and #1 in our division and we want it to stay that way.

2. Dallas is 0-2 and is struggling offensively and the last thing we want is for Dallas to get their first win against us.

3. The game is in Houston so the crowd is behind them, there's no way the Texans should lose this game.

However I do think this well be a tough game for the Texans as the Cowboys are already being trashed by the media and we already beat them in the pre-season. So they will be seeking revenge Sunday and I believe this will be a good, tough, physical game but I just can't see the Texan's losing this game.

lol the records mean nothing, Dallas is more talented than Houston. This game is a home game for both, wouldn't be surprised if Cowboys fans out number Texans fans.

lol the records mean nothing, Dallas is more talented than Houston. This game is a home game for both, wouldn't be surprised if Cowboys fans out number Texans fans.

They have the more talented team yet they continue to struggle. And records really don't mean anything since the Cowboys may still make it to the playoffs, but for the Texans it means alot since they want to get of to a good start. And their will be some Cowboys fans their but do you seriously think their going to out number Texans fans.

This is the same [expletive] you criticize other people for saying. :lol: . You're such a hypocrite.

The only reason records don't matter to you is because Dallas is 0-2 right now.

I don't know who I think will win this game, but saying records don't matter right now is absurd because you try and get on people for saying things like that as well.

Edited by EastCoastNiner
  • Like 1

I'm really excited for this one. I like seeing the Texans having success because theyve been bad for as long as ive been watching football and now is there one chance to show whos the best team in texas. Should be a awesome game coming right down to the end. I got Houston 27-24

This is the same [expletive] you criticize other people for saying. :lol: . You're such a hypocrite.

The only reason records don't matter to you is because Dallas is 0-2 right now.

I don't know who I think will win this game, but saying records don't matter right now is absurd because you try and get on people for saying things like that as well.

-_- , please find one posts where I say records 2 weeks in actually matter in the NFL, fail at calling me a hypocrite. If it were vice versa I wouldn't be saying the Cowboys are gonna stomp all over the Texans.

The Bucs and Chiefs are 2-0 are they better than the Cowboys? Records this early mean absolutley nothing. I still have the 9ers winning the NFC West, Vikings winning NFC North and Dallas Winning the NFC East, despite them all being 0-2. -_-

EDIT: In fact I'm a firm believer of you could be better or worse than your record. The records mean something in week 13 or 14, not everything, but something. However in week 3 they mean nothing.

Edited by Fish7718

Oh come on Fish, records can potentially make a huge impact on a players' mindset during games. Especially for the Cowboys, who had such high expectations this year. Only 3 teams in the history of this league have made the playoffs after starting 0-3.

WTF? You think players are actually out there saying "oh we are 0-2 we can't beat the Texans", I can't buy into that at all. Especially considering Dallas was 11-5 last year.

WTF? You think players are actually out there saying "oh we are 0-2 we can't beat the Texans", I can't buy into that at all. Especially considering Dallas was 11-5 last year.

Nah that's not what I'm saying at all, you misinterpreted my post dude.

All of the lights are on Dallas this week (and almost every week), they have to win. I'm the last one to put much emphasis on a week 3 win (because you are right, it is only week 3 and Dallas can still bounce back), but according to history, only 3 teams have.

And are you telling me pressure doesn't get to players? Do you think they are super humans?

Nah that's not what I'm saying at all, you misinterpreted my post dude.

All of the lights are on Dallas this week (and almost every week), they have to win. I'm the last one to put much emphasis on a week 3 win (because you are right, it is only week 3 and Dallas can still bounce back), but according to history, only 3 teams have.

And are you telling me pressure doesn't get to players? Do you think they are super humans?

Of course there's pressure, but there's pressure in every game. That's just how it is the NFL. Was there no pressure on the Cowboys after starting the year 2-2 last year? Oh well I'm just going to watch the game and see what happens.