WK3: NY Jets @ Miami

Real Deal

Who cares. He's just going to keep making boneheaded decisions like that. If I'm Rex Ryan, I don't give a [expletive] what Braylon does. He hasn't been suspended, so why hold him accountable by taking out a chunk of your offense and hurt your chances of winning?

I'm sure Rex isn't too worried about looking like a jerk or hurting people's feelings. And I personally love it.

:lol: The Miami fans are just butt hurt because they thought didn't they'd have to face Braylon Edwards. I'm literally LOL right now. Rex Ryan sat him out the whole first quarter. Trust me state of NY will make sure Braylon learns his lesson. The Jets already lost one WR to suspension and now they are going to just bench another in a big division game on the road? I'm still LOL.
  • Like 1

Correction.

Braylon Edwards is arraigned in Mahattan Criminal Court for DWI. He's seen with lawyer Peter Frankel.

Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards was busted on a drunken driving charge early today after cops pulled him over on the West Side and found he had double the legal limit of alcohol in his system, authorities said.

Edwards, 27, was arrested at 5:15 a.m. and charged with DWI after cops pulled over his Range Rover at 34th Street and 12th Avenue for having overly-tinted windows.

Police said they smelled alcohol and Edwards blew a 0.16 on a Breathalyzer -- twice the state's legal limit of 0.08 -- after failing a sobriety test at the scene.

"I had a couple drinks," he told cops, according to prosecutors.

Four other passengers, including offensive lineman D'Brickashaw Ferguson and defensive lineman Vernon Gohlston, were in car with Edwards. None of them were charged with any crimes.

Source

Nope...I'm pretty sure he was arrested in NY and not NJ

Edited by STATCity

No, I am saying that Ronnie and Ricky never break a run. Last time Ronnie had a play of over 50 yards rushing was ages ago, and Ricky hasn't done it since he rejoined us. They are slow as crap, I don't see why we don't pick up a speed guy in the draft. We better do it this year, Ricky is gonna retire and Ronnie is a FA.

Even if you do defend the run, a good RB will break it. Chirs Johnson and Peterson are always facing 8 guys in the box, but they still break away. Its something Ronnie can never do, and Ricky is just too old. I know its not the O-Line because its one of the best in the NFL, our RB's just trip over air when they have a clear path.

Also, the Braylon Edwards thing is stupid. Not just because he made all the difference in the outcome of the game, but it sets no example. If I am a Jets player, I will go out tomorrow night and drink my [expletive] off, and I know I won't be suspended because it would be completely unfair. So now any Jet player can break the rules, and if they get suspended they will get pissed because Braylon got away with it, so why can't they? I am sure Braylon learned a great lesson after all that -_-

Also, the Braylon Edwards thing is stupid. Not just because he made all the difference in the outcome of the game, but it sets no example. If I am a Jets player, I will go out tomorrow night and drink my [expletive] off, and I know I won't be suspended because it would be completely unfair. So now any Jet player can break the rules, and if they get suspended they will get pissed because Braylon got away with it, so why can't they? I am sure Braylon learned a great lesson after all that -_-

You're completely wrong. I know there's a difference because pro athletes are supposed to set an example, but if you get a DUI do you expect to be suspended from work? Or kicked out of school? The Jets are probably handling the problem internally, not to mention he still could face up to a year in prison. Stop being a baby because the Dolphins had no answer for him.

How am I being a baby? I would still think he was a [expletive] even if his leg got ripped off one play into the game. You do something stupid, you deserve to get benched. I understand your tough [expletive] cause you are from New York, but any other team would have benched his [expletive]. Rex Ryan just has no sense of discipline.

its like if your friend gets a DUI and doesn't get in trouble, then you get a DUI and you get kicked out of work or w.e....it has to be the same punishment for everyone, and sure as hell the next guy that gets a DUI on the Jets won't get the same treatment. I guarantee that if it was a 3rd string WR, his [expletive] would be on the bench all game.

How am I being a baby? I would still think he was a [expletive] even if his leg got ripped off one play into the game. You do something stupid, you deserve to get benched. I understand your tough [expletive] cause you are from New York, but any other team would have benched his [expletive]. Rex Ryan just has no sense of discipline.

its like if your friend gets a DUI and doesn't get in trouble, then you get a DUI and you get kicked out of work or w.e....it has to be the same punishment for everyone, and sure as hell the next guy that gets a DUI on the Jets won't get the same treatment. I guarantee that if it was a 3rd string WR, his [expletive] would be on the bench all game.

....what?

Anyways, that example is awful. Why would get kicked out of work for DUI in the first place? Lol You make 0 sense in this thread. It's not the Jets job to punish him for breaking the law, it's the states job.