Boston at Cleveland

Real Deal

A couple of those offensive possessions were just horrendous though. Two of them within a short span resulted in air-balls/shot clock violations.

Great win for Cleveland, and great the see the fans get behind their team like that.

That is true, but they played great team basketball and it was great to match. They have many obvious holes but there is a lot of heart on that team, which is tough to find everywhere

• Owner

Celtics were on a back to back, I actually had a feeling the Cavs would win.

Classic Celtics game. Playing to the level of their competition/come out flat after playing super-high intensity in their last game/terrible on back-to-backs.

Right, but it's too early in the season to be fatigued, even if it's a back-to-back. Boston was cruising to a win last night, and really only played desperate for 75% of that second half.

Either Boston has work to do, or Cleveland is better than many figured they would be. If Cleveland is a legit bottom-feeder in the East, Boston runs away with a win, easily.

Mo didn't play. Heck, Jamison only had 4 points. But this is the confidence we have. And I'll tell you guys: the crowd was louder tonight than during any of the playoff games last year. This is inspired play. Anthony Parker came out of his shell, Verajao and Hollins were stunning at their position. Overall, a satisfying effort and as we move forward, I hope this win helps our confidence further.

Right, but it's too early in the season to be fatigued, even if it's a back-to-back. Boston was cruising to a win last night, and really only played desperate for 75% of that second half.

Either Boston has work to do, or Cleveland is better than many figured they would be. If Cleveland is a legit bottom-feeder in the East, Boston runs away with a win, easily.

No doubt there are problems with the Celtics still. They don't know how to close out games is one of them.

But the Cavs are better than people give credit to, they are a good defensive team even without Bron and their "role players" are very good. People severely underrated the cast last year because the offense was based on LeBron dribbling around for 20 secs and making a kick out or driving into the lane. Now we're going to see the Cavs actually running a true offense and maximizing the potentials of Hickson, Gibson, etc.

• Owner

Boston seems to play really good against teams with a dominant superstar. Their help defense is excellent...makes Ray Allen look like Thabo Sefolosha. And, really, Allen's strongest defensive stand occurs when he's forcing his opponent into the help, so it makes sense.

But, when you play someone like Cleveland...what player do you focus on locking up? Last year, it was LeBron. This year, you really don't know which player will go off for 15-20 points (at least not yet).

Good win for the Cavs, but I still don't like how the shot-clock didn't start on time towards the end of the game which was a momentum changing play.

Seriously, it was the longest one second I've seen in a long time.

It wasn't 1.0 seconds. It was like 1.9. I specifically remember right when they stopped play it just changed from 2 to 1, so it's not like we got extra time.

Good to see the Cavs win this game. I think Hickson showed up and played a great game, and Daniel Gibson! What a performance by him. When Mo Williams gets healthy, it will be very interesting to see what the Cavs do there. I personally think you could see Williams coming off the bench with Jamison, but maybe that's just me. Great win for the Cleveland Cavaliers to start the post-LeBron era.