Indiana at LA Lakers

Real Deal

He has atleast 2-3 seconds to put the ball on the floor and get a better shot off. No need to defend him for that dumb [expletive] shot.

Look at the replay again bud. Artest grabs the board then goes out to the corner doesn't know what to do with it so he dumps it inside to Odom, then Odom brings out to pass to Kobe which left Kobe with at least 3 seconds max and with that much time all you can do is take one dribble and shot the ball. I doubt One dribble close would increase his chances of making that deep 3.

Second two game losing streak of the season already. That's pretty big for us. What I see is that this team is lacking some heart. That's to be expected for reigning back to back champs, but it needs to be there eventually. Time for Fisher to call a players meeting.

Lakers are not lacking any heart. If that was the case they wouldn't almost have pull of a comeback today. Lakers lack a big men which Bynum will present when he gets back. And Lakers recently are making mental mistake when closing out these ball games.

Look at the replay again bud. Artest grabs the board then goes out to the corner doesn't know what to do with it so he dumps it inside to Odom, then Odom brings out to pass to Kobe which left Kobe with at least 3 seconds max and with that much time all you can do is take one dribble and shot the ball. I doubt One dribble close would increase his chances of making that deep 3.

You are a [expletive]ing idiot. I'll just leave it at that.

You are a [expletive]ing idiot. I'll just leave it at that.

Don't be mad bro check the replay idiot. Do you really think one step closer especially from that far would of increased his chances of making it? Check the replay before you call someone a [expletive]ing idiot.

Wrong. The shot was an air ball another dribble means at least a foot or two closer to the rim therefore making that air ball hit rim or go straight in depending on how in line the ball was shot.

Lakers are not lacking any heart. If that was the case they wouldn't almost have pull of a comeback today. Lakers lack a big men which Bynum will present when he gets back. And Lakers recently are making mental mistake when closing out these ball games.

This game was very much winnable without Bynum. Hibbert would've been a force with or without Bynum defending him. He's proven it before. Obviously another big would be nice to have, but again this game was winnable without him. When I say that we lack heart, I mean that this team usually comes back with redemption after a loss. We saw that last year, but it hasn't shown at all this season. It shouldn't take a second consecutive loss to wake up.

Don't be mad bro check the replay idiot. Do you really think one step closer especially from that far would of increased his chances of making it? Check the replay before you call someone a [expletive]ing idiot.

You seriously don't know anything about basketball, do you. Kobe had around 4 seconds left on the clock when he caught the ball, he could have atleast taken a couple dribbles before putting up a higher percentage shot. You basically talking about a airball vs. a shot which has a legitimate chance at going in. I'm just a big fan of Kobe as the last person here, but to put no blame on him in that situation is just ignorant.

You seriously don't know anything about basketball, do you. Kobe had around 4 seconds left on the clock when he caught the ball, he could have atleast taken a couple dribbles before putting up a higher percentage shot. You basically talking about a airball vs. a shot which has a legitimate chance at going in. I'm just a big fan of Kobe as the last person here, but to put no blame on him in that situation is just ignorant.

Obviously you don't know anything about basketball. Look how far the Kobe is being guarded by TJ Ford. If Kobe takes a couple more dribbles closer TJ Ford just players pressure defense and forces Kobe into a tougher shot. Like I said check the [expletive]ing replay Kobe wasn't wide open if he takes a couple more dribbles into his shot. So instead of dribbling into T.J. Ford, Kobe took the space that T.J. gave him launched the shot and missed it. If Kobe dribbles to his left T.J. can cut him off and Kobe takes that shot with a hand in his face. If Kobe dribbles to his right Granger is gonna double with T.J. hard which then forces a pass to Blake to shoot with hardly any seconds or Kobe shots over the double team of TJ Ford & Granger.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5861806&categoryid=2459788

Edited by magicbalala245

Obviously you don't know anything about basketball. Look how far the Kobe is being guarded by TJ Ford. If Kobe takes a couple more dribbles closer TJ Ford just players pressure defense and forces Kobe into a tougher shot. Like I said check the [expletive]ing replay Kobe wasn't wide open if he takes a couple more dribbles into his shot. So instead of dribbling into T.J. Ford, Kobe took the space that T.J. gave him launched the shot and missed it. If Kobe dribbles to his left T.J. can cut him off and Kobe takes that shot with a hand in his face. If Kobe dribbles to his right Granger is gonna double with T.J. hard which then forces a pass to Blake to shoot with hardly any seconds or Kobe shots over the double team of TJ Ford & Granger.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5861806&categoryid=2459788

So what you're telling me is that you would much rather have Kobe take a 35 footer (because that's where he basically was) than a contested jumpshot something which he has made a career out of of. LMAO! Kobe could have gone around TJ Ford with a couple dribbles and taken a three a couple feet beyond that arc, that certainly would have been a higher percentage shot.

Either way I'm done arguing with you, it's pointless. The fact of the matter is we lost the game, let's move on to the next one.

Edited by Confidence

Huge win for us! We played excellent defense, and came up with big plays when we needed to. It's correct that Kobe took the right shot with the last shot of the game. If he dribbles into Ford, then how does that make it an easier shot? He would have to take a step back anyway probably, or fade-away, and that makes the shot even more difficult. It was the right choice but came up short. Big win for my Pacers!

Huge win for us! We played excellent defense, and came up with big plays when we needed to. It's correct that Kobe took the right shot with the last shot of the game. If he dribbles into Ford, then how does that make it an easier shot? He would have to take a step back anyway probably, or fade-away, and that makes the shot even more difficult. It was the right choice but came up short. Big win for my Pacers!

It's Kobe that we're talking about, he lives for difficult shots in the clutch. He airballed the [expletive] out of that 35 footer, you cant tell me that taking a couple dribbles in wont increase his chances of making the shot. It's a bad shot imo, he had the time and the space to get a better look but choose not to.

• Owner

If he dribbles into Ford, then how does that make it an easier shot?

The closer to the rim, the better. Throughout most of his game-winners, it really doesn't matter who is on him or how close they are in his jersey. See Wade as one of the more recent examples, more athletic than Ford and also 4-5 inches taller, and a far, far better defensive player. Same with Raja and Diaw, same with Patterson when he was basically laying his body all over Kobe before he dropped a nasty game-tying three on him and Portland.

A normal three with someone in his face still has that higher percentage of going in, over the 30-footer.

• Like 1