Let's Get Recruiting!

OK, so now that I'm really enjoying this site, I thought we should make it even more enjoyable by getting more NBA fans onto the forums. There is only one way to get more NBA fans onto a site, and that is by recruiting. Many people don't want to do it because they think it will be hard, and will take a long time, but that is not true at all. Here are some sites that you can use to recruit members to join OTR.

-Facebook

-Yahoo

-Fantasy Leagues (in the chat box)

-ESPN

-Twitter

Those are just a few of the ways that you can recruit. I'm more than happy to write up a recruiting note that you can use to send to the members. It's not that hard at all, and doesn't take long at all to be able to send out 5 messages. Trust me, it won't take too much out of your computer time, but it could result in OTR becoming a lot more active.

So all that being said, let's get recruiting! And if you have any questions about it, don't hesitate to ask me!

how does more members = a more enjoyable experience? yes what we need is a bunch of multi-billionaires/that idiot Raps fan who got banned running around.

what makes this board so good, to me, is that every post is pretty quality, you don't have to sift through the threads (save a few people who post unnecessarily long-winded [expletive]) to find the discussion going on.

I wouldn't enjoy simple threads getting cluttered with 1-liners, personally.

Edited by Check my Stats

how does more members = a more enjoyable experience? yes what we need is a bunch of multi-billionaires/that idiot Raps fan who got banned running around.

The point of my post was to point out your doucheness to the guy when he's trying to promote the site...aka it wasnt needed.

Let's leave it at that.

edit: see you coulda said the previous 2 posts, instead of your simple one liner to start out lol.

• Like 1

• Owner

There's nothing wrong with recruiting. Let me and the staff take care of the reckless members that arrive. I've been doing it for six years, guys.

We need to rake in all the activity we can get, then eliminate the trouble-makers. Consider it a training camp.

• Like 1

There's nothing wrong with recruiting. Let me and the staff take care of the reckless members that arrive. I've been doing it for six years, guys.

We need to rake in all the activity we can get, then eliminate the trouble-makers. Consider it a training camp.

True. This is the time to get new members too, right as the season is about to start.

Activity should pick up in a few weeks though, once the regular season gets underway.

I don't get why some people are against recruiting. I know most people on here don't even bother with it but I think recruiting does help the site grow in terms of activity. We need activity once the season starts even though he have remained a consistent amount of activity in the off-season. The more members means the more discussions.

General activity is good, but specifically we need find as many high level basketball minds as we can get. In a perfect world, this site should have almost nothing but intelligent, basketball savvy discussions with minimal arrogance and simple mindedness.

Unfortunately, I don't see OTR heading in that direction. Most of the activity here is in off-topic and football parts of the forum. Not to say that if you are posting there that you don't know basketball, but when 24 out of the top 30 posters on this website are most active in forums other than basketball (12 in off-topic, 9 in football, 1 in sim leagues, 1 in video games, and 1 in baseball), it reflects a lot on this forum overall.

There are hardly a handful of members here that can talk basketball at a high level, if that. I don't see it getting much better. It hasn't since I've joined, and I haven't been given a reason to see why it will in the future. There needs to be a change.

I'm not complaining outright, and I don't hate this forum by any means. I'm just putting a thought out there. Some people are satisfied with the way this forum is... I'm not.

I don't want to mod and I don't really know where or how to recruit (though I do know some people I could invite to these forums), but I can create ideas to make this site a better place. Like starting a video game league, which I did with 2K10 where the activity died a bit in the end, but that had a large part to do with 2K11 coming out so soon. If I start another league again, ideally I can see it growing to where it has it's own forum, and even have multiple leagues running with topics having trade discussions and such.

Anyway, enough rambling....

General activity is good, but specifically we need find as many high level basketball minds as we can get. In a perfect world, this site should have almost nothing but intelligent, basketball savvy discussions with minimal arrogance and simple mindedness.

sorry but unless RD bans me I'm not going anywhere anytime soon doodie. we've been getting along lately but I'm just puttin' it out there.

sorry but unless RD bans me I'm not going anywhere anytime soon doodie. we've been getting along lately but I'm just puttin' it out there.

I don't have anything against you, and I don't want you banned.

Edited by Poe