Kevin Martin's incredible efficiency during preseason

Dash

Stat line against the Spurs tonight: 21 points, 5 of 8 from the field, 4 of 5 from behind the arc in just 17 minutes of play time.

Total preseason stats: 16 points per game on 9 shots, roughly 48% from the field and 50% from 3, in merely 22 minutes.

I realize that is just preseason but it doesn't take away the fact that Martin has been extremely impressive in the Princeton thus far. I do expect these numbers to drop once the season starts obviously, but I can't help but think that Martin's play has a lot to do with this. Martin has talked about never feeling 100% for the past 2 years until the start of training camp.

Martin's numbers in his last 'healthy' season:

24 points per game

45% from the field

40% from three

10 free throws attempts per game

These are his numbers without a premiere big men to feed off of and Rick Adelman's offense. The biggest issue with the Rockets has been that they don't have a designated focal point (at least one that plays more than half the game), if Martin could produce anything like this then I can easily see Houston slipping into the top half of the Western Conference standings. Of course like every year for a Rockets star its if he can stay healthy.

Btw anyone remember this statement from Morey?

Edited by Dash

• Owner

Martin's numbers in Sacramento were sugar-coated, really...but if he can put up those numbers in Houston, good for him. It'll be great for the Rockets. Ariza was a different player...definitely not the scorer Martin is, more of a third or even fourth option on a good team, meant to play lock-down defense, play the break, and hit open shots.

As far as the statement from Morey goes, still laughable...but I'll stop there.

I do think he's a great Robin... efficient scorer... guys that can run screens and not dominate the ball... catch and shoot. That comes very handy next to Batmans like LeBron, Wade or dominant big like Dwight.

Magic should try deal VC for KMart... I do think Dwight-KMart and other Magic cast will be devastating.

Martin's numbers in Sacramento were sugar-coated, really...but if he can put up those numbers in Houston, good for him. It'll be great for the Rockets. Ariza was a different player...definitely not the scorer Martin is, more of a third or even fourth option on a good team, meant to play lock-down defense, play the break, and hit open shots.

As far as the statement from Morey goes, still laughable...but I'll stop there.

You shouldn't laugh at anything Morey says, that dude is the God of all Gods

• Like 2

I do think he's a great Robin... efficient scorer... guys that can run screens and not dominate the ball... catch and shoot. That comes very handy next to Batmans like LeBron, Wade or dominant big like Dwight.

Magic should try deal VC for KMart... I do think Dwight-KMart and other Magic cast will be devastating.

no way the Rockets do that deal 1 for 1... but yes K-Mart is an effective Robin

Martin is bound to have a great year, he says this is the healthiest he has been in a while which is reassuring.

Morey's comment is being backed up so far, he usually gets it right so I am excited about watching Martin stay healthy for the entire season I HOPE.