Miller out till January, Stackhouse to Miami?

AboveLegit

Miller, who badly injured his right thumb during a freak accident at Wednesday's practice at AmericanAirlines Arena, will be lost for at least half the season, not expected back until sometime in January, at the earliest.

Because of that, the Heat have increased efforts to land a potential replacement in the perimeter rotation, with free-agent Jerry Stackhouse emerging as the leading candidate.

Miller, who underwent a 45-minute procedure, had a torn ligament and a fracture. His shooting hand will be in a cast for four weeks and in a splint thereafter.

In light of Miller's injury, the Heat are moving closer to an agreement with Stackhouse, a source familiar with the situation told the Sun Sentinel.

According to the source, Stackhouse had a Thursday workout for the Heat in Atlanta, where the Heat faced the Atlanta Hawks in an exhibition. A deal with Stackhouse, who finished last season with the Milwaukee Bucks, could be closed as early as Saturday.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-jerry-stackhouse-s102210,0,6143259.story

Luckily for them, they managed to sign Eddie House over the summer as well, so they at least have one guy capable of hitting threes on a consistent basis. If they cannot get Stackhouse, is there anyone else the Heat should be interested in?

• Owner

It's Adam Morrison timeeeeee.

Jerry Stackhouse is done. He'll hit a couple of open shots here and there, but he'll also get lit up by most players in the league today, and the Heat can't afford that. He was pathetic knocking down shots for the Bucks last year, especially in the playoffs, so I can't really say he'd hit those open shots, either.

id really be looking for a defensive minded player as a replacement and not another 3 point shooter. they already have guys who can spread the floor in House and James Jones as well as Chalmers. IMO they need a guy like Ronnie Brewer over a Mike Miller replacement.

The Heat have a serious lack of three-point shooting now. They should look for a defensive-minded player who can stick a three, or a point guard who can shoot on the cheap.

i dont know about "serious lack of 3pt shooting" but ye i agree with the 2nd part

The Heat have a serious lack of three-point shooting now. They should look for a defensive-minded player who can stick a three, or a point guard who can shoot on the cheap.

Agreed. The zone could easily be turned to the Heat's kryptonite come playoff time.

Eddie House? James Jones? LeBron can wet it from outside too.

He showed last season that he could still play with the Bucks, but the question is still legit, who do they want to get rid of? I guess you could say James Jones would be one that you could get rid of, and maybe Beverly? But even then should you really do that for an aging player who might not last an entire NBA season? I don't think that would be a good idea. I say wait and see what your team looks like in January, and if you need him, you can sign him and play a half a season.

The Miami Heat announced today that they have signed free agent guard Jerry Stackhouse. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Jerry has been trying to get Miami's attention since the big three was officially formed lol looks like he gets his wish and shot at a title.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69723/20101023/stackhouse_signs_with_miami/#ixzz13DNRUL9C