Breakout player of the year?

ChosenOne

Who you guys believe will be the NBA breakout player of the year?

I believe it's JR Smiths time to shine. He was suppose to have a great year last year but really did not meet the expectations put in front of him imo. With Melo more than likely going to be moved, he is going to have the opportunity of a lifetime to show the NBA what he is capable of.

Edited by ChosenOne

Well if Beasley is as good as he should have been, then it should be him

If not, Collison, since CP3 is threatening to leave. I think Collison will prove his value.

Edited by SRV

Well it depends what you want to define as "breakout" player.

i think Dorell Wright's game will be really well-rounded and he could approach 1-1-1 with treys steals and blocks. He has a shot to be averaging 3+ assists to go along with 12-14 points and 6+ rebounds. not to mention there has been talk of him initiating the offense at time as well as guarding the opposing team's best perimeter player.

JJ Hickson will finally be getting minutes in Cleveland... but does 13-7 with a block make him a breakout guy? im not sure.. but if he gets 17 and 9 with 1.5 blocks then id say that is breakout worthy... but definitely wouldnt say hes the breakout guy if Kevin Love averages 22 points and 13 rebounds...

Roy Hibbert is the only Pacers post player worth a damn IMO. maybe Hansbourgh and McRoberts prove me wrong... but i doubt it. the guy is over 7"1 right? i believe he is 7"3 but not sure... definitely know he's over 7"1. the guys rebounds numbers aren't where they should be for a guy his height and length.... but he has a definite shot at 18 points 10 rebounds and 2+ blocks this year... plus he can pass the ball out of the high post and find the open shooters... but does he qualify as a breakout player if Darren Collison has a big statline? which player would be more responsible for the Pacers winning, if they do win, and both Collison and Hibbert have good statlines?

Anthony Morrow is a lights out shooter. he's not necessarily a scorer IMO, but he can shoot the heck out of the ball. if given a consistent 30 minutes for 80+ games does him scoring 12 points with 2 treys and good %'s qualify him as a breakout player?

if i had to pick one of the 4 i previously named id have to go with Hibbert. i think he has the biggest opportunity and will get the most touches/reps to get the big stat line needed to be a breakout guy.

however... i think id have to agree with the guy that went with Kevin Love. if the preseason is even the slightest indication as to what is ahead for him.... watch out!

Edited by MikeFerras610

I would define breakout, personally, as a scrub becoming a really solid starter, or a really solid starter (Donte Greene/Jerryd Bayless?), a starter becoming a borderline all-star (Hickson?), or an all-star becoming a superstar (KD last year, Rose this year maybe?).

Edited by Check my Stats

Eric Gordon really breaks out this year and it's in large part due to a healthy and very dynamic teammate in Blake Griffin. Griffin's game will command a ton of attention, leaving Gordon more wide open around the perimeter.

Edited by Big Shot Rob

I can't decide between Demar DeRozan and Michael Beasley.

I think DeRozan is going to have a fantastic year with Bosh leaving, they're going to be able to spread the ball a lot more and I just have a feeling DeRozan is going to do great.

Micahel Beasley is most likely the go-to-man on the T'Wolves now so I don't see why he won't be seeing a huge influx in his numbers on offense. I think he could average around 20 PPG for the Timberwolves, no joke.

Eric Gordon really breaks out this year and it's in large part due to a healthy and very dynamic teammate in Blake Griffin. Griffin's game will command a ton of attention, leaving Gordon more wide open around the perimeter.

Ugh, how did I forget about Gordon. stud right there, maybe not breakout, but he is gonna have a nice year hopefully.

Pick these players up on your Fantasy while they're dirt cheap!

Arron Afflalo: 15 ppg, 5 rpg, 4apg

Ty Lawson: 13-15 ppg, 8 apg.

Shelden Williams: 9 ppg, 7 rpg, 1 bpg (breakout for his standard)

Andrew Bogut: 21 ppg, 11 rpg, 3 bpg

Terrence Williams: 17 ppg

Jrue Holiday: 17 ppg, 7 apg, 5 rpg

Nick Young: 16 ppg

Greg Oden: 16 ppg, 8 rpg, 2 bpg

Edited by Multi-Billionaire