Blazers Trade Jerryd Bayless to New Orleans

The Lone Granger

I'm glad to see him go. Bayless has potential but for the most part, he looked like a lost deer in head lights on the court. He's a shoot first PG, makes bad decisions a lot of the times, and is one of the most inconsistent players in the league. One night he'll rock a team for 28+ points, the next 2-3 weeks, he'll be terrible.

We still have 16 players on the team and it's likely that Jeff Pendergraph will be cut, which makes me very sad. I love Pendergraph and definitely hope to see him return next year to Portland.

Sources tell Blazersedge the trade has been approved by the league office minutes ago so it's official. The pick Portland is set to receive is top-7 protected in 2011, top-8 protected in 2012, 2013 and 2014. After that, it would turn into two second-round picks in 2015 and 2016.

The Hornets just should've kept Collison and traded CP3.

Right now, they've gotten Ariza, Pargo, and now Bayless this offseason while trading a 1st & Collison and possibly CP3. I don't think they are handling this correctly.

The Hornets just should've kept Collison and traded CP3.

Right now, they've gotten Ariza, Pargo, and now Bayless this offseason while trading a 1st & Collison and possibly CP3. I don't think they are handling this correctly.

Either route would have been just fine but I really think Ariza is going to surprise some people this year.

• Owner
Sources tell Blazersedge the trade has been approved by the league office minutes ago so it's official. The pick Portland is set to receive is top-7 protected in 2011, top-8 protected in 2012, 2013 and 2014. After that, it would turn into two second-round picks in 2015 and 2016.

Whoa...good trick by the Hornets.

In other words, the longer you keep the pick, the more restricted it gets.

And why? Because CP3 will be a free agent soon.

So, in other words, New Orleans forces the Blazers to use that pick before Paul leaves the Hornets, because once he's gone, that pick could very well be a top 8...and it would be protected.

Portland really didn't get anything out of this if they don't use that pick in two years and if the Hornets win enough games to have the 20th-30th pick in the first round.

Whoa...good trick by the Hornets.

In other words, the longer you keep the pick, the more restricted it gets.

And why? Because CP3 will be a free agent soon.

So, in other words, New Orleans forces the Blazers to use that pick before Paul leaves the Hornets, because once he's gone, that pick could very well be a top 8...and it would be protected.

Portland really didn't get anything out of this if they don't use that pick in two years and if the Hornets win enough games to have the 20th-30th pick in the first round.

It could be a stroke of genius from Demps and the Hornets just as easily as it could be his worst move yet especially if the Hornets don't step up in this suddenly deeper Western Conference.

Bayless does have loads of potential though, tons of hype back in 2008 and many expected him to go #4 to the Thunder.

I always thought Bayless fit perfectly next to Roy as a 1 who could focus primarily offensively because Roy could manage so much of the ball handling duties. I don't think he ever really got a fair shot, but at the same time, it's hard to develop a prospect when you are trying to make the playoffs/contend, doesn't really give them an opportunity to play through their struggles and find themselves, kind of like Beasley IMO.

i personally did not expect this at all

nor did I. I thought Bayless would have been a valuable contributor to the Blazers given Rudy's situation and how guys like Webster and Travis Outlaw left leaving very few wing players. I s'pose they are pretty high on Matthews though and other guys like Luke Babbitt and Eliot Williams can fill in. I hope this also means my man Patty Mills will get some minutes too.