Pacers Set Roster By Releasing Rolle

The Pacers set their roster for the 2010-11 season on Monday by releasing rookie big man Magnum Rolle.

Rolle would have earned a guaranteed contract of $510,000 if he had made the roster.

Indiana traded the 57th pick and cash to Oklahoma City to acquire Rolle, the 51st pick, on draft night.

-RealGM

This is too bad. I thought Rolle would have played a decent role with the team had he been given a shot. Bird kept raving about how Magnum would play a big part both in this year and in the future, obviously he was just talking. Too bad, but if we need a big later on in the year, I could see us signing Rolle again.

Thoughts?

Actually, the bad thing is that Rolle didn't get much PT at all during the preseason. For whatever reason, O'Brien decided not to put him in the game at any time. I'm guessing you'll see something like a Solomon Jones and Dahntay Jones for second rounders type of deal and then they'd re-sign Magnum Rolle. That sounds about right. They were playing Solo (Solomon Jones) last night, so I'm guessing that's because they want to up his trade value.