Rush's Minutes Will Be Sparse Upon Return

Brandon Rush isn't expected to play significant minutes when he returns to the Pacers after serving a five-game suspension to begin the season.

Rush's suspension has opened up time for rookie forward Paul George, who has served as the backup at shooting guard and small forward -- allowing starters Mike Dunleavy and Danny Granger to rest.

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Rush_Brandon_ind.jpg

"Brandon will be the second wing off the bench with a coach that only wants to play three wings," Pacers coach Jim O'Brien said.

"There will be times where Brandon gets an opportunity. If Paul is not guarding and guys are going by him, I will sub Brandon in for him in a second. If Paul's turning the basketball over, I'll sub (for) him."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69892/20101102/rushs_minutes_will_be_sparse_upon_return/

Good to see O'Brien finally saying that Rush isn't better than the rest of his wings. There is no way that Rush should come back, and right away get major minutes. We have two better wings than him in Dunleavy and George, and he just shouldn't get minutes when those two are playing decent. I agree that if King George isn't playing a good game, why not sub him out for a few minutes and see if Rush can get something going, but we can't use him ahead of those two guys in my opinion.

Thoughts?

I honestly wish the Pacers would trade him. I just think he needs a new system and coach, and a different environment altogether.

Get in the boat with the rest of us Pacers fans. I had heard rumors that we almost dealt him last season at the deadline to Charlotte for Raymond Felton, but they pulled out of the deal at the last second. What other teams are offering just isn't enough for Rush. I know that Orlando offered a second round pick for him, and there is no way that we are giving him up for just a second rounder. We need to make a wing-for-wing deal that helps both sides. I personally think that a deal like Rush to the Bulls for Korver or Brewer base would be a good trade for both sides. Maybe that's just me, but we do need to get something done.

O'Brien Considering Starting Brandon Rush

Pacers coach Jim O'Brien is considering starting Brandon Rush when he returns from suspension vs. Denver on Tuesday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/1507.jpg

Such a move would shift Mike Dunleavy to the bench, where his playmaking could be of greater use to the Pacers. This thrusts Rush back onto fantasy radars -- his FG and FT percentages aren't good, but he could still provide sneaky low-level value as a waiver wire pickup.

rotoworld

And there goes this notion. I thought that O'Brien actually was serious about not playing Rush, like he has said so many times before and never followed up on...and it seems like that will be the case once again. Too bad, because I think we should look to deal Rush to a better situation both for us and him. He's got talent, there is no doubt about that, but he just doesn't fit this Indiana system unless he picks his confidence up. I'm all for giving him a shot, but if he plays cautious like he has most of his career, then I think we'll have to make a move.

Thoughts?

Brandon Rush to Come Off Bench

Brandon Rush will come off the bench in his season debut Tuesday night.

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/1507.jpg

Rush's five-game suspension is over. Coach Jim O'Brien said he considered starting Rush right out of the gate, but struggling Mike Dunleavy is going to stick for now. We wouldn't be surprised at all if that changes sooner rather than later. Deep leaguers should consider adding Rush, who averaged 1.6 3-pointers per game in 64 starts last season.

rotoworld

Well good to hear that he is back and coming off the bench. I wish we'd start Paul George, but obviously O'Brien thinks Dunleavy has been playing good basketball, even though he hasn't. Rush probably will get the starting job back after a few games, but it's probably good that they are going to start out bringing him off the bench. Can't wait to see if he's gotten more aggressive over the offseason.

Thoughts?