Shaq Could Miss Two Weeks

The Regime

The Celtics could be without center Shaquille O'Neal for two weeks.

O'Neal, 38, missed Tuesday night's win against Detroit and Wednesday's contest against Milwaukee because of a knee injury.

"He's not gonna play," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said of O'Neal prior to Wednesday's game.

"I don't know if he'll even play on this trip coming up. We don't know yet, but obviously watching him move he didn't move very well today."

After Friday's home game against Chicago, Boston will travel to Oklahoma City, Dallas, Miami and Memphis before returning home to face Washington on Nov. 17.

"I'm just going by what I saw," Rivers said of O'Neal, who isn't expected to play on Friday.

O'Neal is averaging 8.7 points and 5.3 rebounds in three games.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69920/20101103/shaq_could_miss_two_weeks/

Last night against the Bucks it showed why they need Shaq. With Davis fouling out, and Jermaine in foul trouble (and eventually fouling out), they had to go with Marquis Daniels because they didn't have trust in the young Turk is a clutch situation. Jermaine actually had a very solid game defensively. He didn't put up many points, but I think he had around 4 blocks?

This doesn't surprise me. We've all seen this in the recent years of Shaq's career. He'll miss regualr season games due to minor injury. Which is really fine by me, as long as he's not banged up and has fresh legs to come off the bench when Perkins returns, then he'll be a factor.