Barbosa's Arm in a Sling; Time for Surgery?

From Holly MacKenzie's Twitter account:

stackmack Holly MacKenzie

Barbosa underwent diagnostic testing on his injured shoulder yesterday. We have not been given results. #Raptors

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

stackmack Holly MacKenzie

Leandro Barbosa just left the ACC with his arm in a sling. #Raptors

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

With this new shoulder injury and his ongoing problems with his wrist, do you think it is time for Barbosa to undergo the wrist surgery that has been getting put off? The Raptors are clearly not going anywhere with or without Barbosa in the lineup so now seems like the right time for him to go under the knife. No point in playing with a wrist that needs surgery on a team destined to finish in the bottom 5 of the league.

Get the surgery now and come back healthy in a few months. Plus, this would give more minutes to DeRozan and Weems, while also potentially opening up a spot for Julian Wright in the rotation.

It just makes perfect sense for both sides if you ask me.

good gtfo. this rotations needs to be tightened up, define the @#!*% roles of this team.

I really disagree with this post. If Barbosa is completely healthy, you can put him in a big role for your team. I agree that Triano needs to make some role changes, and actually explain what his players need to do to help the team, but Barbosa could be a very big part of the Raptors.

I do agree with what you said BFT, just have the surgery and come back ready to play in a few months. Why wait and hope it heals? You could miss the rest of the season if that doesn't work out. That, and if you have surgery, you are sure to get it completely healed rather than just temporarily healed until after the season. I think he should go ahead and get the surgery personally.

I really disagree with this post. If Barbosa is completely healthy, you can put him in a big role for your team. I agree that Triano needs to make some role changes, and actually explain what his players need to do to help the team, but Barbosa could be a very big part of the Raptors.

The thing is that Barbosa has no future with this team. There is no way that he signs a new contract with the Raptors once his current deal expires after the end of next season. You might as well tighten up the rotation and give Weems, Wright and especially DeRozan more minutes because these three may have a future with the team. You might as well see what they can do to make a decision on whether or not they are worth keeping around, especially since Weems and Wright are both expiring at the end of the year and a decision will need to be made about that.

After watching tonight's game, I'm now 100% on board with him having his surgery. Wright has earned minutes based off his solid play so far this season. With Barbosa in the lineup, I don't think that there is enough time to go around to give Wright, Weems, Kleiza, DeRozan and Barbosa the minutes that they deserve.

Sonny Weems had his best game of the season and I don't think it was a coincidence that he stopped forcing the issue, took good shots and played within the offense in the game that Barbosa was out. I think when Barbosa is in the lineup, Weems is constantly looking over his shoulder and forces the issue to try and prove a point.

Obviously, DeRozan needs 30 minutes a night at least to show what he can do as well.

It just makes too much sense for this to happen now. I like Barbosa, but I'd rather see these three guys getting minutes over him, especially an unhealthy Barbosa.