Kobe becomes youngest to 26,000 points

AboveLegit

Got it last night against Denver. 32 years, and 80 days old.

Bron and Durant are poised to break this record, but with Bron sharing the load on offense in Miami for the next 6 or so years, his chances might be lower.

How many points do you think Kobe will have by the end of his career?

• Owner

How many points do you think Kobe will have by the end of his career?

Five more years of 24.4 PPG gets him 10,000 more points, which sticks him right behind Malone for third all-time.

That total isn't including playoff scoring, though. He puts up about 650-700 points in the playoffs.

Jordan is at 32,292. He'll surpass MJ's total before he retires, for sure.

There is no doubt that he is going to pass Jordan on the scoring list. I don't see him "shattering the record" and I don't think he even has a shot. Like Real Deal just posted, five years of 24.4 point per game, sticks him behind Malone for third all-time. I just don't see him being able to play long enough, and at the level he'd need to, in order to "shatter the record". As for how many points? Well, I think I'm going to say he ends up with 34,000, which leaves him at third place all-time behind just Kareem and Malone.

I wouldn't say that there is no doubt that he will pass Jordan, but yes if he stays healthy it seems very likely that he will indeed. I even think that Kobe could play until the age of 40 if his body allows him to do so and he could still average around 20 PPG at this age (Jordan did it despite the fact that he had retired for three years and had a few injuries...). So I think that Kobe has a shot at passing Malone, I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see him doing so. As for Jabbar it might seem very doubtful that he passes him but who knows.. It's theorically possible. If he has 36 000 pts at the age of 37 and can still average around 20 until the age of 40, he could score around 4500 pts more and so even be at more than 40 000. Which would be huge...

I'm not saying that he will, it's gonna be tough that's for sure lol, but it is possible.