Knicks interested in Nash

AboveLegit

The NBA trade-rumor mill has recently included Steve Nash's name, although that is viewed more as speculation than anything else.

Still, the Knicks are going to do their due diligence, just in case the Suns are actually interested in moving the face of their franchise.

The Knicks "will make an inquiry," one team source said regarding Nash's possible availability.

Mike D'Antoni had his greatest success coaching Nash in Phoenix before he came to take over he Knicks, who are 3-6 and have lost four straight entering Sunday night's game at the Garden against the Rockets. He still is close with Nash and called his former playmaker to congratulate him on the birth of his son Friday. Nash made more off the court news Saturday, announcing that he and his wife, Alejandra, are in the process of a divorce after having lived separately for several month.

D'Antoni would not comment about the possibility of making a move for Nash, who likely would not want to leave Phoenix for the Knicks.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/11/14/2010-11-14_stevie_knicks.html#ixzz15HOt9tQH

Yeah we've heard about the possibility of seeing both Stats and Nash in New York for quite some time now...

Well having Nash in NYC would be nice indeed, especially that he's still playing at a high level despite his age, but the fact remains that he ain't getting any younger and he won't play at that level eternally. So I don't know, I guess I would welcome his experience (especially that we didn't play well those last four games) but it depends on what we have to trade to get him.

As the Suns are rebuilding I suppose that they will want some draft picks and young talents like Chandler, Morrow or Gallinari and in that case I would be against the trade for sure.

There's no surprise that they are going to inquire about the availability of Nash, but I'm pretty sold on the idea that Phoenix will not deal him. Gentry came out and said that if Nash leaves, he leaves pretty much.

Now, if for some reason a trade for Nash to New York did go down, this would be a huge power shift in the NBA in my opinion. You put Nash back on the same team with Amare, and you got that same duo that Phoenix had, with probably better all-around supporting pieces. First, that would get Amare going on the alley-oop passes again, and the back-door cuts. Second, you have guys like Raymond Felton, Danillo Gallinari, Ronny Turiaf (never thought I'd say that), and then young pieces like Toney Douglas, and Landry Fields. They would have a very talented team, and adding a veteran point guard who can both score the ball and contend to be the best passer in the NBA would be huge.

That being said, I'm going to conclude this post by saying once again, I don't see any chance that this happens. Phoenix is not going to trade Steve Nash.