Miami Vs. Memphis Game Thread

Flash

This game starts the College Basketball Marathon on ESPN tonight at midnight. I'm sure Sublime will be watching this one as well. Hopefully The U can pull of the upset as Memphis is a 7 point favorite right now.

I think Miami has an advantage inside with Reggie Johnson. He's got to run the floor tonight and shoot a high % for us to have a chance. I have no doubt Durand Scott will play well for us but we need contributions from everyone. This is a game that could do a lot to put Miami on the map.

For Memphis, I'm excited to see Will Barton play. He's got unlimited potential and should be fun to watch him shoot it tonight.

Let's go Canes!

has the college season started?

can someone link me to a site for dummies with stats, prospect watches, records and stuff like that.

Yes it has

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball

best site for college basketball

if you want more info on college basketball I'd go pick up this magazine

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Fish7718/27331b8b.jpg

it's $7 but I read on the train ride home one day and it's got indepth previews on all the contenders this year

Well, Jelan Kendrick got kicked off the team, but I think we have the chance of having some of the best guard play in the country. Watch out for University of New Orleans transfer, Charles Carmouche. He has been surprising a lot of people this off season.

Great game thus far. Memphis plays some great defense but our guards are doing a great job of penetrating. We're gonna nee Reggie Johnson to stay out of foul trouble in the second half. That should give us a big boost inside.

Boy, Miami really gave that one away. We went away from Johnson down the stretch and that killed us IMO. Memphis has no one who could guard him down low.

Good game though by Memphis. They're a great team.

Chris Crawford showed a lot of guts taking that three after missing six in a row. Freshman showed a lot of poise and this team is only going to get better when Barton gets more practices and is completely healthy.

And Yo Gotti can move over. Joe Jackson is the new king of Memphis.

Well, Jelan Kendrick got kicked off the team, but I think we have the chance of having some of the best guard play in the country. Watch out for University of New Orleans transfer, Charles Carmouche. He has been surprising a lot of people this off season.

Easily my favorite player on this team right now.

(BTW, I'm from Los Angeles so I root for LA area sports teams, Dodgers, Lakers, 49ers, ect ect, but I was raised in Nebrsaska so I root for NU football and basketball and am a student at the University of Memphis so I also root for the Tigers and Grizzlies.)