Darren Collison Injured; Out Against Hawks?

Darren Collison was injured in Monday's practice and is now questionable for Tuesday's game at Atlanta with a sprained ankle.

Uh oh. That's really all we know at this point and if he can't start, T.J. Ford will replace him in the starting five.

rotoworld

Definitely not what I wanted to hear this evening. Seriously? I was nervous that something would happen at some point, and while it doesn't sound to serious, we really can't afford for DC to miss any time. If Ford starts, then what does that mean for the backup? Does A.J. Price come up, or does Lance Stephenson get his first chance in his NBA career? I'm guessing Price gets to come up, and I guess that's not too bad of a point guard duo either. Price looked very impressive and aggressive both on defense and offense in the preseason. Bad news for Indiana still though.

Thoughts?

• Owner

The gap between Collison and Ford is huge. Collison actually plays bigger than he really is, physically. Ford is a bit different.

Neither can really shoot the ball similar to someone like Deron, but I trust Collison's shot over Ford's.

I guess you can't do anything about it, though...but if Ford does get the start and Collison doesn't play, I'll look forward to seeing Stephenson play some point. I'm really curious how he'll do, especially after he said he's the best player to come out of NYC.

The gap between Collison and Ford is huge. Collison actually plays bigger than he really is, physically. Ford is a bit different.

Neither can really shoot the ball similar to someone like Deron, but I trust Collison's shot over Ford's.

I guess you can't do anything about it, though...but if Ford does get the start and Collison doesn't play, I'll look forward to seeing Stephenson play some point. I'm really curious how he'll do, especially after he said he's the best player to come out of NYC.

No doubt about Stephenson. The only thing is I think the Pacers would give A.J. Price the backup nod. I'd love to see them allow Stephenson to come up and play, but I just don't see that happening.

Collison Ruled Out vs. Hawks

Darren Collison has been ruled out for Tuesday's game against the Hawks with a sprained ankle.

Tyler Hansbrough is also out tonight, while Jeff Foster is finally set to return to action for the Pacers. Collison injured the ankle in Monday's practice and T.J. Ford will start in his place. All three players are day-to-day.

Here we go, let's see what kind of team we have without our point guard. Hopefully Ford can step up big, and either Price or Stephenson can come up big off the bench for Indiana. Let's go ahead and get this one despite the key injury guys!

Thoughts?

Update

Darren Collison (ankle) is not expected to play against the Clippers Thursday.

Collison sprained his left ankle in practice on Monday and remains day-to-day. T.J. Ford will start once again and makes a low-end fantasy play. He had six points, five assists and four rebounds in 37 minutes of work when Collison sat out on Tuesday.

Looks like we're going to have to endure another night of T.J. Ford...:(.

Update

Darren Collison is expected to start for the Pacers Monday after missing several games with a sprained ankle.

Collison appears safe to get back into fantasy lineups, while teammate Jeff Foster will miss tonight's game with a back injury.

It will be great to have DC back in the lineup. This probably means that Price will be heading back to the suit and tie look though :(.

Thoughts?

BEFORE: Pacers are not doing so bad this season and they maybe had a chance to beat the Atlanta Hawks. Not a big deal but it's still bad news for the young fella and his team. Hopefully, he'll be able to come back as soon as possible

Damn feels good to see the young fella back tonight