Is JJ Hickson Going To Be A Franchise Player?

Cavamatic

Maybe a bit early to tell. He's developing his game pretty fast and is becoming a kind of Amare Stoudemire player. He reminds me of him when he plays. he's explosive and is starting to have a good jump-shot just like Amare. I don't think he will become a franchise player! But I do think he will be the best player for the Cavaliers. maybe not this year but in one or two years. Give him some time.

If you ask me his ceiling is as an athletic role player. I never understood what Cavaliers fans saw in him, he's an okay post-up guy and has a decent motor but I don't see anything particularly special about him.

If you ask me his ceiling is as an athletic role player. I never understood what Cavaliers fans saw in him, he's an okay post-up guy and has a decent motor but I don't see anything particularly special about him.

I actually feel the same way about Hickson as well. He's an amazing athletic role player but in my opinion, he'll never be a franchise player.

He isn't particularly big, not a very good rebounder, average defender, not a very good shot blocker either. He is explosive, but he doesn't bring much to the table other than that. He still seems pretty raw, kind of reminds me of Derozan at this point for the Raptors. I definitely do not consider him a franchise player. But is he a piece to the puzzle? Sure.

Definitely not. He has a huge amount of potential but only to become a future all-star but even then I think it might be quite hard for him to reach his all-star potential. There's no way his going to become a franchise player unless he manages to work reallly hard on his overall game.

I mean he's only played 10 games this year. He's had a few twenty point games, and a few bad games in which he played few minutes. But the fact that he has had a few twenty point games is something to regard. Were you guys expecting him to average 25 and 10? It's a whole new system and he's playing with a whole new set of players, and his discipline is still being worked on. He's still had his moments where he stands around on the court at times. However, with Byron Scott as the coach, I believe he'll develop. He won't be a MVP, but you cannot give up on him ten games into this season.

Personally, I think he has a shot, but I don't see it happening. He's got the mid-range jumper, the strength, rebounding, and defense to become a great all-around player. The only thing that I don't see him developing is becoming a consistent scorer every night and winning games for his team. He'd have to really work on his offensive game so he can put up 20-25 PPG per night in order for me to call him a franchise player. All-Star? Yes he will become an All-Star in my opinion, but nothing more.