Who's the best rookie so far?

*Swish*

Both have been way better than I thought, but for me, so far, it easily has to be John Wall. A rookie at the PG is arguably the hardest spot to come in and be effective right away. If the all-star game was today, he'd have a legit shot. We still obviously have to wait a while to figure out when/if he is going to hit that rookie wall. But the fact he is dropping 18-10 on a respectable FG% for a rookie is amazing.

He has only played 8 games though, so I am trying not to get too hype for the kid yet. It is obvious he will be a superstar soon though.

Blake Griffin for me as well.

16.5 PPG and 10.5 RPG? That's insane. He's put up monster games like,

10/27 vs. Portland: 20 Points, 14 Rebounds.

11/5 @ Denver: 26 Points, 10 Rebounds.

11/6 @ Utah: 16 Points, 17 Rebounds.

11/12 vs. Detroit: 18 Points, 18 Rebounds.

11/17 vs. Minnesota: 26 Points, 17 Rebounds.

As a young big man, he's only averaging an incredible 2.9 fouls per game. That's very impressive. Wall has been great for Washington as well, but he's also averaging 4.38 turnovers per game as well. If he can cut down on the turnovers, then I think he probably takes away the lead from Griffin and they are about tied, but I really don't think you can choose wall over Griffin at this point. Just my opinion.

John Wall has been fantastic thus far he does have quite a few turnovers but that’s because of his lightening speed. He is playing in the toughest position and all he has done is impress and show everyone just how talented he is. Wizards have won more games thus far than the clippers so having Blake hasn’t made a difference as of yet.

John Wall has been impressive thus far even though it's been 3 games he's injured! But I got to give it to Blake Griffin. He's a better defender and a rebounding machine. John Wall gets too much turnovers. Yes he's an amazing player and is already so developed but I got to give it to Griffin for these reasons. He's just a beast on both ends of the floor. I think that if Jwall didn't have that much turnovers per game, I'd give it to him

John Wall, it's amazing how he's able to rack up assists with the lack of talent we have on this roster. He's incredible on the fastbreak, is an instant game changer, and his jump shot isn't as bad as people say it is.

I said at the beginning of the season that Blake Griffin would win ROY, but right now, I'd definitely give the edge to John.

Blake Griffin is my favorite rookie but I'd give the edge to John Wall as well. I wasn't expecting Wall to be that good so fast honestly. He already became the fourth player ever to have at least 20 pts and 10 rbds (29 pts, 13 asts and 9 stls) in his first home game. The other three are Isaiah Thomas, Norm Nixon and Oscar Robertson...

He's also the first rookie to average 7 or more assists per game through his first five games since Oscar Robertson.

And he became the third youngest player ever to have a triple double. It's also important to consider that he became the second rookie to record a triple double WITH six steals in his first six games of the season. The other was the Magic man.

This kid is just unbelievable. So far he's the ROY.

Edited by Oliver P
  • Like 1