Should the Rockets trade Luis Scola?

Dash

Stole the thread from clutchfans but I think its a pretty interesting situation with Luis Scola. If the Rockets are still struggling (10th or below in the standings) at the February trade deadline, should they trade their second leading scorer and rebounder? Scola is in his 30s and has a big contract that runs for another 5 seasons, and if Houston decides to rebuild they will be better off with the addition cap space. There are many teams that would be willing to let go of some good pieces for an elite post up big man like Scola.

The Thunder, Magic, Hawks and Suns are a few teams that could use him.

thunder wouldnt want him not with green, nick, ibaka, white at pf

magic probably dont have any cap to obtain him unless they get rid of lewis but that makes no sense for the rockets because lewis contract is probably just as big if not bigger

hawks are looking to clear some space not take on anymore so i cant see anything working out there

and who knows what the suns are doing right now

maybe a team like pacers would be ideal for him perfect fit for him imo

If we decide to rebuild (not the plan right now and right fully so) then yes it obviously would be the plan to trade Scola, but untill we can get healthy and play more than 2 games together, rebuilding really should not come up. It has been a very rough start but I believe still.

For sure it makes sense to move a large contract IF the Rockets really decide to rebuild. But like ChosenOne said, I still think it's early and as bad as the Rockets have looked I think we need to see what adjustments if any are made.

Fair question to ask a little later in the season IMO.

magic probably dont have any cap to obtain him unless they get rid of lewis but that makes no sense for the rockets because lewis contract is probably just as big if not bigger

hawks are looking to clear some space not take on anymore so i cant see anything working out there

Jeff Green for Scola is a trade that has been thrown around a lot recently. Thunder get their inside presence and the Rockets rebuild with a decent small forward prospect. Makes sense for both sides.

I'm not sure what I would want from the Pacers besides their unprotected first and Paul George (highly doubt they let him go)

If we decide to rebuild (not the plan right now and right fully so) then yes it obviously would be the plan to trade Scola, but untill we can get healthy and play more than 2 games together, rebuilding really should not come up. It has been a very rough start but I believe still.

Right which is why I'm saying that any Scola trade would have to happen some time around the February trade deadline. To be honest though you may be the only poster here that still believes in this team. You and Yugo maybe. .

• Like 1

I suppose trading Scola now would be the best opportunity to trade him. The problem is, however, who they can get back to help the current team. The Green for Scola trade mentioned above, I like it for the Thunder more than the Rockets and I don't think losing a double-double machine in Scola and getting someone back like Jeff Green who is a 3rd scoring option at best would help the Rockets at the moment.

Yes. We need a power forward very bad, but what kind of deal would you be wanting? I know we could give up a deal like Dahntay Jones, Josh McRoberts, and a pick or something for him....but I'm definitely not sure that that's close enough to pry away Scola. If he's out on the market, you can count on it that Bird will give the Rockets a call about him, because if we get a legit power forward, then that finally completes our team. Would love to see him on our roster.