Impressions of Coach Thibodeau?

Pooh25

Yes, I'm a big fan of his. He's such a good all-around coach, and isn't the typical NBA coach. He worries first about defense, and then about scoring, and that's what makes him such a good coach for Chicago in my opinion. They have a lot of guys who play defense, and because he pushes them so hard to play D, they really have a strong defense. Granted, they aren't really jumping out at people as being one of the premier defenses yet, but they will get there. I'm really looking forward to seeing what TT accomplishes in Chicago in the coming seasons.

Defense-first coach are hard to come by. and Tom is certainly one of the best in the league right now. I don't see any flaws with him at the moment besides the fact that he sometimes play Scal :lol:

I am not sure whether Boozer will fit into the system though.

He's so much better than VDN at this point, defensively and offensively. Chicago was already pretty good defensively with vdn tho so the biggest concern with Thibodeau was his offense. Offensively, Chicago was one of the least efficient teams last season even with Rose and Deng. Actually, they were the 3rd worst efficient team in the league. Then comes Thibodeau with an offense stressing ball movement, and now they're around average. They're definitely not last anymore. I would even say that they're still learning the offense. I remember when they were goin against the fast paced Knicks, and they were throwing the ball away just trying to run the offense.

Once Boozer come in, they'll definitely become a greater offensive team no question. Their defense may fall a little bit without Taj Gibson, but the upside is worth it. Also, on the Jazz Boozer didn't have a good defensive Center to help him out, and that's what made his defensive game get exposed. With Noah and Tom Thibodeau, the defensive hole will still be there, but it won't be as big. Taj Gibson will also still be an option.

Edited by Lemon

Defense-first coach are hard to come by. and Tom is certainly one of the best in the league right now. I don't see any flaws with him at the moment besides the fact that he sometimes play Scal :lol:

I am not sure whether Boozer will fit into the system though.

Agreed he loves Bogans, Scals, and John Lucas III