West Breaks right Wrist

deestillballin

BOSTON (AP) -- Boston guard Delonte West left the Celtics' game against the New Jersey Nets after breaking his right wrist.

West crashed to the ground after a layup with 2:48 left in the second quarter. He stayed there, grimacing in pain, until the medical staff came to help him. A few minutes later, he walked off, holding his right arm in his left, still in obvious pain.

No foul was called on Travis Outlaw, who was guarding him.

West had four points in 12 minutes on Wednesday night. He was averaging 7.5 points in about 19 minutes per game since returning from a 10-game suspension for his guilty plea on gun charges.

The Celtics were already short at guard because of a hamstring injury that has kept Rajon Rondo out the last three games.

NBA.Com

He's a very underrated player for Boston, and this injury will hurt their back-court depth. However, I'm not sure how long he'll be out, but he will be back at some point this year if I'm not mistaken? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But even though this is tough for them, as well as West, they'll still continue to play at a high level of basketball. Definitely a tough break for Delonte though.

This really sucks for the Celtics. I'm not the biggest fan of Delonte but I feel bad for not only him but also for the Celtics. I guess this is where Nate steps back up and takes in the role he did earlier in the season and also last season.