Pacers Sticking With Rotation

Pacers coach Jim O'Brien plans to stick with Mike Dunleavy as the team's starting shooting guard over Brandon Rush.

O'Brien says Danny Granger, Dunleavy and Rush are interchangeable.

"The main thing is you have your rotation together and guys know when they're going in the game," O'Brien said.

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Rush_Brandon_ind.jpg

"Whether Brandon is starting or Michael is starting, the guy who is not starting knows he's coming in and he's the first sub off the bench. We've had success with both lineups, so it doesn't really matter."

Dunleavy has started all but one game this season.

The Pacers are 7-6 entering Friday's action.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70262/20101126/pacers_sticking_with_rotation/

Why would you change something if it's working extremely well? Mike gives us something in the starting lineup, while having Rush come in off the bench is a huge lift. He's playing with confidence finally, so when he comes in he's got fresh legs usually against the starters of the opposing teams who are already getting tired. I'm loving the way we rotate these three in and out for each other, but O'Brien needs to learn that when one of them is having an extremely good game, you just don't pull them out until they cool down. Good to see he isn't going to try to tweak anything like he usually does.

Thoughts?

As much as I love my Wolves, and will never have another favorite team other than them, the Pacers have really started grabbing my attention. They're a very young team, and they have a desire to win (at least Hibbert does especially), that not many players/teams in the NBA have. Assuming this team continues to hustle, play defense, and win games, they'll be my second favorite team. The rotation is fine, why change it if your winning? That's just common sense, you don't mess with something if it's fine.