Nets Assign Terrence Williams to D-League

The Nets have assigned Terrence Williams to the D-League.

Williams will be suiting up for the Springfield Armor until iron-fisted coach Avery Johnson decides otherwise. This is the end result of multiple violations of team policy, and an obvious clash between Avery and T-Will. Fantasy owners might as well cut bait, if they haven't already, since there's no telling when (or if) Williams will work himself into the Nets rotation this season.

rotoworld

This is just a crazy situation. Williams is a very talented player, and the only reason he isn't putting up good numbers this year is because of Avery Johnson. I wouldn't be surprised if you see him get traded, and I think you might see some interest from Indiana. They've been trying to deal Dahntay Jones for quite some time, and I think there would be a possibility to swap Dahntay Jones and Terrence Williams. Sure, the Pacers would probably have to add more, but still it would be great for us.

Thoughts?

Terrence is such a great player and has a lot of potential. I'm really surprised to read that. I was never expecting him to be sent to D-League. Hopefully, he'll come really soon. Really weird he's not having a good season this year. He has a lot of talent and is a LBJ type of player

Well at least he has room to develop on the court, so his time in the D-League can turn out beneficial in terms of his game at the same time.

Reportedly, T-Will's suspension was a result of him being late to practices, shootarounds, and a team plane.

Hoping everything goes smoothly. It's a shame how the last D-League designation due to trouble-making turned out.

Johnson: "Terrence Can Definitely Play His Way Back"

Nets coach Avery Johnson reiterated that Terrence Williams, recently demoted to the D-League, can "definitely play his way back."

"Terrence got to a point where he started shooting a lot of threes," Johnson said. "He's taken more threes than free throws. This will give us a chance now to see if he can get the explosiveness back playing a lot of minutes." Whatever spin they put on this, T-Will is in the doghouse and there's no telling when he'll dig his way out.

rotoworld

I've been trying to figure out what Avery Johnson is trying to accomplish by demoting Williams to the D-League, and I think I might finally know what he's doing. Williams hasn't been that aggressive on the court this year, so by lowering his level of competition, I think Williams is going to start realizing how much talent he does have, and by "playing his way back", that would allow him to keep playing strong and be rewarded for it. This is a very smart move by Avery, and I'm really starting to become impressed with his coaching style for the young Nets.

Thoughts?

This guy has talent and can definitely play but obviously due to his own mistakes by messing up Avery Johnson aint having any of that and decided to embarrass him by sending him to the D-League, we'll see how it works out.

Just hope that we dont trade him as a lesson, because he can still turn around and play real solid for us after he gets his crap together

Johnson: "Terrence Can Definitely Play His Way Back"

I've been trying to figure out what Avery Johnson is trying to accomplish by demoting Williams to the D-League, and I think I might finally know what he's doing. Williams hasn't been that aggressive on the court this year, so by lowering his level of competition, I think Williams is going to start realizing how much talent he does have, and by "playing his way back", that would allow him to keep playing strong and be rewarded for it. This is a very smart move by Avery, and I'm really starting to become impressed with his coaching style for the young Nets.

Thoughts?

I hope that's what happens. He kinda got poisoned from CDR so as soon as he gets in with the team mentality, he can be a solid bench player this year which we can use.