NFL Player Comparison: Aaron Rodgers vs. Matt Ryan

The Lone Granger

Aaron Rodgers, and it's not even close.

I really do like Matt Ryan, he plays well at home and he's a good player overall, but I feel as if he is going down the road of a glorified game manager. There is no doubt Atlanta can win a Super Bowl with Ryan at the helm, but Rodgers is flat out better in many aspects of the game.

Aaron Rodgers, and it's not even close.

I really do like Matt Ryan, he plays well at home and he's a good player overall, but I feel as if he is going down the road of a glorified game manager. There is no doubt Atlanta can win a Super Bowl with Ryan at the helm, but Rodgers is flat out better in many aspects of the game.

I'll take Aaron Rodgers, and I think a lot of knowledgable Atlanta Falcons fans would as well. When I was down at the 49er's game in Atlanta, I was talking to some people and they were saying that Matt Ryan is definitely a good QB, but he's not in that top echelon.

Agreed. He's just outside the top 10, while Rodgers is clearly in it. I'd take Rodgers.

Rodgers, hands down. He's making throws that no one else is making right now not named Manning.

Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL this year

Philip Rivers has been better than A-Rod as well.

This is closer for me, Ryan wins games man, he may not have the stats, but dudes a winner. I'd still take Rodgers, by don't sleeping on Matty Ice.

This is closer for me, Ryan wins games man, he may not have the stats, but dudes a winner. I'd still take Rodgers, by don't sleeping on Matty Ice.

*Wins games at home

There's nothing that really stands out with Matt Ryan. He is a good QB, but he does not have the same skill-set as some of the premier QB's in this league, and Rodgers is one of them. He wins games which is all that matters, but he's more of a game manager than a QB that will take control of a game and lead his team to victory.

*Wins games at home

Who cares where he wins games, he wins them, his team is in line for a #1 seed, what are the Packers in line for?

There's nothing that really stands out with Matt Ryan. He is a good QB, but he does not have the same skill-set as some of the premier QB's in this league, and Rodgers is one of them. He wins games which is all that matters, but he's more of a game manager than a QB that will take control of a game and lead his team to victory.

Who cares if he isn't as talented as other QB's, he wins games. Since when is that not enough? It's not all about stats, Matt Ryan gets it done, this Falcons team was the worst team in the NFL before he came in and now they are arguably the best team in the NFC. You have to give Ryan a lot of credit for that type of turn around.

Edited by STATCity

Who cares where he wins games, he wins them, his team is in line for a #1 seed, what are the Packers in line for?

Who cares if he isn't as talented as other QB's, he wins games. Since when is that not enough? It's not all about stats, Matt Ryan gets it done, this Falcons team was the worst team in the NFL before he came in and now they are arguably the best team in the NFC. You have to give Ryan a lot of credit for that type of turn around.

Winning games is the most important thing, but this question is asking which QB is better. I like Rodgers skillset better, and he wins games as well. So, I'm not sure what you are getting at there.

Winning games is the most important thing, but this question is asking which QB is better. I like Rodgers skillset better, and he wins games as well. So, I'm not sure what you are getting at there.

Just because you are more talented, does not mean you are better. There's a stat that says something like Rodgers is 1-12 in games decided by 3 points or less, Ryan 15-5 in games decided by 7 or less. Doesn't tell the whole story but Matt Ryan gets it done, which makes him better than a lot of the QB's in the NFL. BTW I said I'd take Rodgers too, just saying I wouldn't sleep on Matty Ice the 2 aren't far off at all.

Just because you are more talented, does not mean you are better. There's a stat that says something like Rodgers is 1-12 in games decided by 3 points or less, Ryan 15-5 in games decided by 7 or less. Doesn't tell the whole story but Matt Ryan gets it done, which makes him better than a lot of the QB's in the NFL. BTW I said I'd take Rodgers too, just saying I wouldn't sleep on Matty Ice the 2 aren't far off at all.

Well the problem with the stat is exactly what you saw yesterday. Rodgers will take the team on a go ahead or game tying drive in the final minute and then the defense can't keep a team out of field goal range in 30 seconds

Well the problem with the stat is exactly what you saw yesterday. Rodgers will take the team on a go ahead or game tying drive in the final minute and then the defense can't keep a team out of field goal range in 30 seconds

I know and I said that stat doesn't tell the whole story, however I know this is going to sound picky but it's up to Rodgers to ensure the fact that that Ryan does not have enough time to score once he gets the ball back.