Reggie Evans fractures foot

The Regime

Reggie Evans suffered a fractured right foot in Friday's loss to Boston.

He's obviously going to miss a lot of time and there's no timetable for his return yet. Amir Johnson should be picked up immediately in all leagues. Run, don't walk. Peja Stojakovic is also expected to see a lot of minutes, and could even end up starting over Amir.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/31113730/ns/sports/

Good news and bad news.

Good news is that Ed Davis is set to return within the next week or so and this opens up a lot of minutes for him.

Bad news is that if Evans continued to play like he has been so far this season, he could net a decent return at the deadline. This may hurt his value a bit.

PS: I knew I shouldn't have come on here yet. I worked tonight and was going to watch a replay of the game in a minute or so and even though I was basically sure that the Raptors were going to lose, I at least didn't want to know the outcome before hand. :lol:

This is tough news for the Toronto Raptors. Evans has been playing his heart out for that team, and has been putting up ridiculous rebounding. Tough to see him go out just after putting up a career-high 22 rebounds. Hopefully he's able to recover quickly and come back before the trade deadline like BFT was talking about.

In all honesty, I'd love to have Evans on the Pacers. Rebounding killed us last night against Oklahoma City, and we need guys who will go get a rebound no matter what. I know we've had this what would Toronto take from Indiana in return, but is there any way at all that we could acquire Evans from you?

It sucks for Evans that he has to sit out again for a long period of time again. He has put in a lot of work to get to this point but the end result is for guys like Andrea, Amir, Davis when he get back to pick up the slack. Ultimately this is what the organization wants to see the young guys develop and the young big will have to bring that heart that Evans brought when it came to rebounding.

Sounds like he may not be out for as long as most people expected.

Following Friday night’s 110-101 loss to the Boston Celtics, Raptors head coach Jay Triano told reporters X-rays had revealed that Evans had broken his right foot.

Given that news, it was reasonable to assume that the team had lost the NBA’s third-leading rebounder for many months.

But that might not actually be the case.

Evans underwent more tests in Toronto on Saturday and the team said a conclusive diagnosis and recovery timeline would be revealed prior to Sunday’s matinee clash with the Atlanta Hawks at the ACC.

Evans missed most of last season with a severe sprain of his left foot suffered in a pre-season match against Boston. Former Raptor Jorge Garbajosa’s NBA career ended when he broke his leg against ... you guessed it, the Celtics.

Evans and teammate Amir Johnson don’t believe this latest Beantown-induced injury is in the same league as those two other catastrophic ones.

“I WILL FIND OUT EVERYTHING 2MORROW T DOT. BUT ITS NOTHING LIKE LAST YEAR,” Evans tweeted Saturday evening.

Earlier in the day, following a spirited practice, Johnson had said as much.

“It is (tough) I felt bad, but it’s not a major injury like last year, he’ll be back fighting (in) two, maybe three weeks,” Johnson said.

“He said he was fine, it wasn’t too bad, so he’ll be back around in no time.”

Johnson’s diagnosis seemed highly optimistic. Evans is believed to have suffered a fracture of one of his metatarsals (a bone in the foot) and the quickest turnaround from such an injury is several weeks.

A four-to-six-week layoff is probably the best the team can hope for, but the picture should become clearer on Sunday.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketball/2010/11/27/16345046.html

When I first heard that he suffered a fractured foot, I definitely expected around 2 months before he got back into the lineup, but if it is closer to a month or a month and a half, that isn't nearly as bad as I first thought.

Then again, his foot injury last season was originally supposed to keep him out of the lineup for a couple of weeks, yet that lasted until the All-Star break, so who really knows what will happen.

Oh man. Horrible news honestly. Even though he isn't a good scorer. He has been helping us A LOT on the rebounding part and he's one of our best defender. He will surely be missed. Hope to see him come back ASAP because we really need him back on our team

Oh man. Horrible news honestly. Even though he isn't a good scorer. He has been helping us A LOT on the rebounding part and he's one of our best defender. He will surely be missed. Hope to see him come back ASAP because we really need him back on our team

He is not one of the Raptors best defenders. He is an awful defender. Just because he is a good rebounder doesn't mean that he is a good defender.

Amir Johnson, Joey Dorsey, Julian Wright, Jerryd Bayless and Sonny Weems are all better defenders than Evans is.

• Owner

He is not one of the Raptors best defenders. He is an awful defender. Just because he is a good rebounder doesn't mean that he is a good defender.

Amir Johnson, Joey Dorsey, Julian Wright, Jerryd Bayless and Sonny Weems are all better defenders than Evans is.

I agree with most of the list, but I could argue about Weems, and to be honest, I think Bayless is one of the worst defensive players on the Raptors, almost on the same level as Kleiza.

I agree with most of the list, but I could argue about Weems, and to be honest, I think Bayless is one of the worst defensive players on the Raptors, almost on the same level as Kleiza.

Weems I think is clearly better. I do admit that he defense has slipped this season as he is trying to do more offensively, but he showed last season that he was a solid defender when he played. He started off the year playing pretty solid defense, but he has slipped up a bit lately. I still think it is unquestionably better than Evans', though.

As for Bayless, I admit to not seeing much of him throughout his career (no games this year before being traded to Toronto and maybe 5-10 games during his time in Portland), but in his 3 games with the Raptors I think he has been pretty solid defensively. He fouls quite a bit and his lack of a wing span hurts him a bit as well, but he makes good use of his quickness and generally does a good job of keeping his man in front of him. He has been better so far than either Calderon or Jack were for the Raptors.

No way is he a worse defender than Calderon, Stojakovic, Kleiza or DeRozan, though. I'd say Bargnani as well, but his man defense has actually been pretty solid so far this year (can't say the same for his help defense).