Joe Johnson's terrible shooting numbers

AboveLegit

Right now Joe is averaging around 17PPG on 40%FG and 26% on three's(career low). To put it into perspective, last year he averaged 21PPG on 46%FG and 37% on three's. Will he put it together and prove he's somewhat worthy of that ginormous contract he received this past offseason? What is going on with him right now?

I wouldn't put too much stock in the early season. Is he having a bad season right now? Of course, the stats don't lie. Will he turn it around? Yes, he is still a star player, not a superstar, but he is a scorer, and his shot is off right now. If anyone can get it back, then I think Johnson definitely has the best chance because he just won't stop shooting. Great thread though, I wouldn't have known he was struggling so much unless you had called attention to it.

I think he should stop jacking up random threes. He needs to shoot when he's completely open. Or fake it and drive hard to the line. That's how you get easy points. When you don't score, you get fouled... and it's two easy shots from the line

Edited by *Swish*

It's a shame he's been shooting so bad lately. At least he's not turning the ball over. He's also getting more assists which I can live with. I think he had 6-7 in yesterday's game. I'd be a lot more worried if he stopped shooting because that could lead to him being afraid to shoot. Hopefully he'll come around and start shooting like himself again.

Worst contract in NBA history is the one given to Jerome James, let's not kid ourselves. Averaged bests of 5.4 points and 4.2 rebounds got him a 5 year, $30M contract that saw him play four total games between '07 and '09. Never averaged over 3 PPG in NY.

Worse than Rashard Lewis, Eddy Curry, Michael Redd, Elton Brand? Atleast Joe Johnson gave us a solid 20,5,5 and lead us to 50 win seasons.

Talk to me at the end of the contract...