Dorell Wright Sinks Nine Three-Pointers

Dorell Wright scored a career-high 30 points and drilled nine three-pointers to lead the Warriors to a 104-94 victory over the Timberwolves on Saturday night.

The win snapped Golden State's five-game losing streak.

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Wright_Dorell_mia.jpg

"It's been 10 times better than what I thought it would be," said Wright, who signed with the Warriors this past offseason.

"I'm enjoying myself. We've struggled the past few games, but I think we're going to get back on the right track when we get everybody healthy."

Wright hit four 3-pointers during a three-and-a-half minute-stretch of the third quarter to help the Warriors take control.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70288/20101128/dorell_wright_sinks_nine_three_pointers/

That's just ridiculous. That last part where he hit four three-pointers in just three-and-a-half minutes is crazy. Great game from Wright, and who would have thought that he had that kind of play in him? I remember him back in the days with the Heat where everyone just thought he was a bench scrub, but the dude has some game, and has been a great pickup by Golden State. Great game for him.

Thoughts?

Unexpected. He still has a weird shooting form to be this good of a shooter, whatever works I guess.

If he keeps this up, shots start falling for him, I think he might turn out to be a star. His confidence will grow and this game is about confidence when you want to become a star. He's always got athleticism and his length reminds me of T-Mac.

Broke the franchise record so early in the season too. This dood is a beast, I knew he would be in our offense. I could see him being at least a borderline all-star in his career. He should be in the three point contest this season, but seeing how Morrow didn't make it with a Warriors jersey the past few seasons, I'm not too sure if he will be in it. :(

Nonetheless, he is a good player and once he gets better in other aspects, I could see him being a great player in Golden State.

I remember the days when every fan would say he sucked, that he was a "total scrub", every analyst calling him a "9th man at best", and I was always laughed at for calling him a future all-star.

That was six years ago... and I was still arguing throughout last year and the whole time in between.

Is it too early to say "I told you so"?

Edited by Poe

He is scoring 15 PPG which is nice, but he is still way too streaky for my liking. He is obviously loving the situation in G-State though, he needs to get that % up. 41% is borderline unacceptable for me.

Personally, I had no problem with Wright. He is pretty talented, but you said he had borderline all-star potential last year. That is when I took exception.

The two Heat players that Miami shouldn't have let go (traded, walked, whatever) racked up 58 total points last night.

Neither of them would be doing anything here. Dorell is built for a fast paced team and Beasley was bound to fail here (if you even meant Beasley).

I find it odd how people are so fixated on the way things are, and have very limited imagination on the way things will be in the future.

5 years ago, when Dorell was benched because he was playing the same position as Antoine Walker and James Posey while the Heat were headed towards a championship, people said he's a bench warmer and would be fortunate to have a future in the NBA.

Fast forward the clock to three years ago, when Dorell was finally getting a chance to play after recovering from a serious injury. People said he was a 9th man at best, and would remain a third string player for the rest of his career.

Now just last year, when Dorell recovered from yet another injury, he became the 7th man for the Heat. People said he was a good back up and is ideally a sixth man.

Now this year Dorell is finally getting minutes and increased freedom offensively, and people say that he's a good third option.

Are you starting to get the pattern? Do you realize that he's only 24 years old?

Edited by Poe