Murphy, Johnson Aren't Talking

Nets forward Troy Murphy says he and coach Avery Johnson aren't on speaking terms.

Murphy hasn't played in a game since Nov. 13, but will be activated for Sunday's game against Portland. Johnson has said that the veteran forward is being held out due to fitness concerns.

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Murphy_Troy_ind.jpg

"You have to ask (Johnson why he thinks I wasn't in shape)," Murphy said. "I've been in this league for 10 years. I know what I do. I pride myself in all that. You have to ask him."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70292/20101128/murphy_johnson_arent_talking/

Just don't understand this situation at all. I understand that Johnson can be upset about Murphy's condition, but not playing him at all? T-Murphy is a great three-point shooter, rebounder, and proved last season that he could put up a double-double every single time he played good minutes out there. I don't care what his "condition" is if he's putting up great numbers on the court. This just has me at a loss for words, and the only thing I can see coming out of this is a trade....that's all I can see in the future. What teams do you guys see being interested?

Thoughts?

http://www.realgm.co..._arent_talking/

Just don't understand this situation at all. I understand that Johnson can be upset about Murphy's condition, but not playing him at all? T-Murphy is a great three-point shooter, rebounder, and proved last season that he could put up a double-double every single time he played good minutes out there. I don't care what his "condition" is if he's putting up great numbers on the court. This just has me at a loss for words, and the only thing I can see coming out of this is a trade....that's all I can see in the future. What teams do you guys see being interested?

Thoughts?

Have you seen Murphy play this year? I have. The guy has offered nothing. Until he gets himself back into shape to track down rebounds, he has no right to complain about playing time, not when Kris Humphries is kicking his [expletive].

A lot of other things should be considered...

Sure Murphy is a very good outside shooter and rebounder, but not hustling back on defense, not playing hard, poor body language... these are all contagious to other teammates, and if Avery wants to change the culture of losing from last season he can't have any of these.

Have you seen Murphy play this year? I have. The guy has offered nothing. Until he gets himself back into shape to track down rebounds, he has no right to complain about playing time, not when Kris Humphries is kicking his [expletive].

This pretty much sums it up.

Murphy has been awful this year. Hump and Favors are playing great, Avery has every right to sit Murphy.

Plus at the end of the day Avery knows that he is just a huge expiring contract, nothing less nothing more.

Sure Murphy can help us, but do we plan on re-signing him at the end of this year? I doubt it.