How to explain Landry Fields?

Guest The REAL STL10

Guest The REAL STL10

Here are stats while playing the 2/3 for the Knicks during the last 7 days...

http://i52.tinypic.com/dg02u1.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/nysbrs.jpg

He is putting unusual numbers for a 2 and is averaging enough boards for a 4/5.

Does he hustle more than most?

Is he an instinctive rebounder?

Doe he have a high basketball IQ?

What is it Knicks fans?

Edited by The REAL STL10

He reminds me a lot of a young Shawn Marion...not quite as long or explosive, but I think it's a fair comparison. Fields is a TREMENDOUS rebounder for his size, a solid defender, has a high bball IQ, can finish around the rim and he hustles his [expletive] off. He's been a major surprise this season, and a great, young role player for this group.

He reminds me a lot of a young Shawn Marion...not quite as long or explosive, but I think it's a fair comparison. Fields is a TREMENDOUS rebounder for his size, a solid defender, has a high bball IQ, can finish around the rim and he hustles his [expletive] off. He's been a major surprise this season, and a great, young role player for this group.

I agree with everything you said. He is a much better shooter now than Marion will ever be, but everything else is spot on.

Stanford has always produced solid NBA players, and you can add Fields to the list.

Recent products include the Lopez brothers, Josh Childress, and Brevin Knight.

I don't know if he'll ever be great, but he def filled a void left by D Lee, as that hard working white hustle player who is crashing every board. Def happy to have him as a knick. I'll never forget when we drafted him and I reacted like this fellow in the clown fro @ 1:47

You don't understand how much I like this kid, he has more potential then most of the younger players on the Knicks. The way this kid sees the floor and is somehow always around the ball is amazing.

I love hustle players.

Tired of seeing players like LeBron and Wade jogging or walking after every missed shot or rebound.

D: All of the above.

Yeah...exactly what I said. Love this guy tbh.

The first player in years drafted by a team without making Chad Ford's Top 100 draft list. :lol:

Idk why? The dude can do a little of everything. He's one of those players you win with. And he averaged 22 and 9 in the PAC-10 last year...No clue why he wasn't a top 100 player...

Yeah...exactly what I said. Love this guy tbh.

Idk why? The dude can do a little of everything. He's one of those players you win with. And he averaged 22 and 9 in the PAC-10 last year...No clue why he wasn't a top 100 player...

Anyone know if Chad Ford ever played basketball?

He is like Mel Kiper and football.

How can you analyze if you never played...?

• Owner

Someone is going to have to dig up that quote by Chad Ford. I think it may have been on his Twitter, though...but he joked about the Fields pick, said exactly that (Fields was the first player taken in the draft in years that wasn't in his Top 100, or something like that).

• Owner

Yes! Got it.

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/12887-official-2010-nba-draft/page__view__findpost__p__145916

Ford: Knicks take Landry Fields with their second pick. Fields wasn't in my Top 100. First time a team drafts a player out of my Top 100 in yrs