Magic Open To Trades

The Regime

The Magic are still open to making trades, reports Brian Schmitz of The Orlando Sentinel.

Schmitz writes that the Magic still like both Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony -- they are partial to Paul -- and they'll trade anyone but Dwight Howard for either All-Star.

Orlando knows they need a big-time scorer to compete with Miami and Boston and might even be willing to take a brief step back to reload if they were to add Paul or Anthony.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70299/20101128/magic_open_to_trades/

Well, if they can get someone like CP3 or Melo, then you have to do that. The past couple years, they haven't had a legit scorer to put alongside Howard and that's been the reason that they've lost in the Playoffs. If they don't acquire anyone else, then I still think they'll be OK with the way Vince Carter and Rashard Lewis have showed up this year. Do you guys see Orlando making any moves?

Paul ain't going anywhere this season.

As for Melo, I don't see what the Magic could offer that would entice the Nuggets. They have Carter's $17M expiring contract, and I think Pietrus is also an expriring for like $6M, but after that? Not much, as most of the Magic roster is inked to awful contracts. I suppose they could look for additional parties to help send a prospect or two to Denver, but otherwise I don't see why the Nuggets would make a deal with the Magic.

• Owner
Schmitz writes that the Magic still like both Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony -- they are partial to Paul -- and they'll trade anyone but Dwight Howard for either All-Star.

Ha...so, if you aren't Dwight, you better play your ass off because you're on the block! :lol:

Confidence killer right there. I'm not sure if this was a good thing to put out there or what.