Suns, Pacers Discussing Minor Deal

Jammin

The Pacers and Suns have discussed a potential trade involving Solomon Jones and Earl Clark, according to a report by HoopsWorld.

Phoenix would take $200,000 of their payroll if the one-for-one deal was completed. The Suns have been looking for another center and some rebounding off the bench.

Indiana would like to add a power forward that can score the ball.

Whata waste of a lottery pick.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70506/20101210/pacers_suns_discuss_minor_swap/#ixzz17kgJDKwO

I'd love to have Solomon Jones stay on the roster, but if we can get a guy like Earl Clark for him, then sorry Solo, but you have to go. Clark can score the ball very nicely from the power forward position, he just hasn't gotten enough of a chance with the Suns. If they were to just give him a shot, I think he'd produce. This is a typical Larry Bird move to get a guy who is under-performing and give him a chance (similar to McRoberts). Should be interesting to see if we get this deal done.

It has been reported that the Suns and Pacers are discussing a deal involving forward Earl Clark and center Solomon Jones.

However, a league source told RealGM that there are no truth to such rumors.

Phoenix is believed to be looking for depth at center.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70544/20101212/no_truth_to_clark_for_jones_rumors/

Well that's too bad, I would've been happy with this trade.