Knicks Pursuing Telfair

The Knicks have had multiple discussions with the Timberwolves about acquiring Sebastian Telfair, according to an executive involved in the talks.

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Telfair_Sebastian_min.jpg

Any trade to send Telfair to New York may be on hold to give Minnesota time to gauge the health of Jonnny Flynn who is returning from a hip injury.

Telfair is originally from Brooklyn, New York and the cousin of former Knick Stephon Marbury.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70587/20101214/knicks_pursuing_telfair/

He'd fit the system in New York almost perfectly I think. He's been having trouble fitting in with systems around the league throughout his career, but found a nice spot last year with Cleveland. If the Knicks are able to acquire him, he'd fit right in with their run-and-gun type of offense, and he'd have the freedom to be a playmaker which is what he likes to do. Makes a lot of sense to me.

Thoughts?

Knicks could use a backup PG. We don't want Felton's legs to give out by February :lol: . He's been playing a ton of minutes.

I wouldn't be opposed to the move. Not sure who we'd give up though.

Really like what the Knicks GM is thinking. He sees that Telfair doesnt get a lot of minutes and Johnny Flynn came back so he shows interest in Telfair. Good good.. anyways.. I could see this happening. He could help Felton and Douglas off the bench

Knicks have been looking for a backup PG, not sure Telfair is the answer though. Money matches up with Mozgov, not a fan of that though.

Mozgov is pretty much a bum and useless in the D'Antoni system.