Excuse my charisma, vodka with a spritzer

swagger down pat, call my [expletive] Patricia

Young Money militia, and I am the commissioner

you don't want start Weezy, 'cause the F is for Finisher

life is the [expletive], and death is her sister

sleep is the cousin, what a [expletive]in' family picture

you know father time, we all know mother nature

it's all in the family, but I am of no relation

so misunderstood, but what's a World without enigma?

talking to myself because I am my own consultant

married to the money, f-ck the world, that's adultery

you full of sh-t, you close your mouth and let yo [expletive] talk

young Money eating, all you haters do is add salt

stop playing, [expletive], I got this game on deadbolt

mind so sharp, I f-ck around and cut my head off

paper chasing, tell that paper, "Look, I'm right behind ya"

[expletive], real G's move in silence like lasagna

people say I'm borderline crazy, sorta kinda

woman of my dreams, I don't sleep so I can't find her

I never knew he could be so clever with his lyrics. Kinda like Eminem. Wayne is a beast. :glasses:

These don't make any sense... "Excuse my charisma, vodka with a spritzer swagger down pat, call my [expletive] Patricia" means absolutely nothing.

He makes words rhyme cleverly, congratulations to him. Unfortunately, none of these words make sense. Stringing random words together that just happen to rhyme doesn't work.

These don't make any sense... "Excuse my charisma, vodka with a spritzer swagger down pat, call my [expletive] Patricia" means absolutely nothing.

He makes words rhyme cleverly, congratulations to him. Unfortunately, none of these words make sense. Stringing random words together that just happen to rhyme doesn't work.

That's because you don't know what they mean...lol.

Weezy is 'buzzing' with charisma because of the liquor

Patricia in this case is Birdman's mom

Edited by JYD

That's because you don't know what they mean...lol.

Weezy is 'buzzing' with charisma because of the liquor

Patricia in this case is Birdman's mom

Cool, my bad. He doesn't make any attempt to link the words together, and i don't know why he felt the need to say 'Swagger', but OK. If you can, explain to me how that relates to "Young Money militia, and I am the commissioner you don't want start Weezy, 'cause the F is for Finisher"

From what I understand, he's saying: "I get charisma when I'm drunk, and then I get together with Birdman's mother. I am in charge of this Young Money army, don't start me because I am a finisher, as you can tell by the letter F."

That makes absolutely zero sense to me. Even if some twisted way I'm missing some special 'Lil' Wayne lingo', there's no way that relates to any of the other lines he posted.

Edited by Big Penny

Cool, my bad. He doesn't make any attempt to link the words together, and i don't know why he felt the need to say 'Swagger', but OK. If you can, explain to me how that relates to "Young Money militia, and I am the commissioner you don't want start Weezy, 'cause the F is for Finisher"

From what I understand, he's saying: "I get charisma when I'm drunk, and then I get together with Birdman's mother. I am in charge of this Young Money army, don't start me because I am a finisher, as you can tell by the letter F."

That makes absolutely zero sense to me. Even if some twisted way I'm missing some special 'Lil' Wayne lingo', there's no way that relates to any of the other lines he posted.

It makes plenty of sense,

He's one of the owners of YM army, so if you come at him he's going to kill you and the F in weezy F baby is for finisher as in finish and kill you. it's really not that hard to understand.

he's a punchline rapper, you're looking way too deep into things lol

Because his style of rap, is different from someone like Nas, or Jay Z.

Exactly. He's a punchline rapper. He doesn't talk about moving weight.

So that's his excuse for just putting loads of random words together? Big L was a punchline rapper but his stuff made sense.

A couple of these are pretty good (credit were credit's due) but I would hardly call these 'killer verses'.Although, chances are it's still better than his competition.

Meh...he has some clever/funny lines, but a lot of times they are extremely and/or don't make sense. If you want to hear awesome punchlines, Youtube Big L. No one was a better punchline rapper. Some gems...

"Before I buck lead, and make a lot of blood shed

Turn your tux red, I'm far from broke, got enough bread

And mad hoes, ask Beavis I get nuttin Butt-head"

""I'm lookin nuthin like ya poppa ,

I wouldnt give a chick 10 cent to put cheese on a Whopper,

They wanna know why im so fly,

A girl ask me for a ring and i put one around her whole eye"

""The Tech is my utensil-

Fillin [expletive]az with so much lead they can use they dick for a pencil

Im known for snatchin purses, and bombin churches-

I get more [expletive] by accident than most [expletive]az get on purpose

I got drug spots from New York to Canada-

Cus Big L be [expletive]in with more keys than a Janitor"

"Big L is that [expletive]a you expect, to catch wreck on any cassete deck

I'm so ahead of my time my parents haven't met yet"

"So we can never be a couple hun

[expletive] love, all I got for ho's is hard dick and bubble gum"

• Like 3

Haha I don't understand how this turned into a Wayne vs Big L comparison but okay.

So what are you guys saying exactly... that people should only listen to one artist? And since Big L is better than Wayne that people should only listen to Big L? Wtf man.

Haha I don't understand how this turned into a Wayne vs Big L comparison but okay.

So what are you guys saying exactly... that people should only listen to one artist? And since Big L is better than Wayne that people should only listen to Big L? Wtf man.

Nothing like that whatsoever. I'm just saying these aren't 'killer lyrics' by any means. The 'He's a punchline rapper' argument is irellevant since L was a punchline rapper and he made sense.

Yeah the Wayne hate is pretty ridiculous. I love his work from Carter II and some of his older stuff..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL6moxtdaWM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLHEjqIsUMY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyEtmfQCxbY

I don't like some of his recent stuff, but you gotta respect what he did earlier in his career.

• Like 1

Nothing like that whatsoever. I'm just saying these aren't 'killer lyrics' by any means. The 'He's a punchline rapper' argument is irellevant since L was a punchline rapper and he made sense.

Oh I agree that these are not great lyrics by any means.

But I don't understand how you can use the Big L argument to down Weezy's lyrics. That is like saying well Biggies flow was the GOAT so everyone else sucks.

Yeah the Wayne hate is pretty ridiculous. I love his work from Carter II and some of his older stuff..

songs

I don't like some of his recent stuff, but you gotta respect what he did earlier in his career.

There's a world of difference between criticism and hate. I like a couple of Wayne's songs and I've even stated in this topic that a couple of these lines weren't bad. I don't know where you guys are getting this idea of hatred from.

But I don't understand how you can use the Big L argument to down Weezy's lyrics. That is like saying well Biggies flow was the GOAT so everyone else sucks.

Bringing up Big L had more to do with people saying they didn't have to make sense, not that he's better than Wayne.

I used Big L as an example to what a great punchline rapper is, and how it is properly done. Wayne is clever at times, but when your [expletive] don't make sense or is completely and utterly random, it makes the work average. Big L was the easiest and most prominent way to show this, but there are dozens of rappers who have polished that technique a lot better than Wayne has. So to call Wayne a beast, which is the title of this topic, is a little crazy (not saying there's a problem with people liking Wayne).

• Like 1

There's a world of difference between criticism and hate. I like a couple of Wayne's songs and I've even stated in this topic that a couple of these lines weren't bad. I don't know where you guys are getting this idea of hatred from.

Bringing up Big L had more to do with people saying they didn't have to make sense, not that he's better than Wayne.

But...there's no point in bringing up Big L at all.. We all know how great he is, there aren't many rappers out there (or ever) that are as good as him. It seems like you are comparing him to Weezy, and I don't understand why.

• Like 1

But...there's no point in bringing up Big L at all.. We all know how great he is, there aren't many rappers out there (or ever) that are as good as him. It seems like you are comparing him to Weezy, and I don't understand why.

Read Nitro's post above. Nobody was saying 'Wayne should be as good as L' or comparing the two, simply stating that bieng a punchline rapper is not an excuse to make no sense ;)

I used Big L as an example to what a great punchline rapper is, and how it is properly done. Wayne is clever at times, but when your [expletive] don't make sense or is completely and utterly random, it makes the work average. Big L was the easiest and most prominent way to show this, but there are dozens of rappers who have polished that technique a lot better than Wayne has.

But you're using Big L, one of the greatest ever, as a measuring stick for how good Wayne is.

So to call Wayne a beast, which is the title of this topic, is a little crazy (not saying there's a problem with people liking Wayne).

Everyone is so divided about him. People either think he is the best rapper alive or no talent clown who is ruining hip hop. Carter III was either a classic album or a weed plate. I feel I am someone who is in the middle of the discussion. Carter III was disappointing and Lil Wayne is far from being the best rapper alive. But on the other hand he is a talented rapper, who is entertaining and who I feel loves music. While Carter III was disappointing it was still a very good album and Carter 1 and 2 were good albums as well. He is a good rapper who I would rate ahead of a guy like T.I but is still over hyped if that makes sense.

Thing about this guy is the fact he has really good high's and really really bad lows. Like the whole rock album thing. Basically at a point in his career where he'll do anything to be at the top. Even if it means selling his soul.

He's not a BAD rapper IMO. Not a bad rapper whatsoever... although I wouldn't call him a good rapper either. I like some of his older stuff, don't like any of his newer stuff but then again I don't like anyone's newer stuff :unsure: . I get what you're saying.

Him 'Doing anything to be at the top.' is ruining his music. He would be a lot better if he just went back to his older stuff and made the kind of stuff he would rather make, than just try to make stuff for money. People who make stuff solely to climb the charts and get fans will never be as good as people who make music just to express themselves and because they enjoy it. It's the same with any profession really, people who do it because they geniunely enjoy it will be better than the person who is just doing it for personal game 99% of the time.

On another note, Guru has been posting for 25 minutes. Either he's logged out or he's about to drop some serious knowledge :lol:

He's not a BAD rapper IMO. Not a bad rapper whatsoever... although I wouldn't call him a good rapper either. I like some of his older stuff, don't like any of his newer stuff but then again I don't like anyone's newer stuff :unsure: . I get what you're saying.

Him 'Doing anything to be at the top.' is ruining his music. He would be a lot better if he just went back to his older stuff and made the kind of stuff he would rather make, than just try to make stuff for money. People who make stuff solely to climb the charts and get fans will never be as good as people who make music just to express themselves and because they enjoy it. It's the same with any profession really, people who do it because they geniunely enjoy it will be better than the person who is just doing it for personal game 99% of the time.

On another note, Guru has been posting for 25 minutes. Either he's logged out or he's about to drop some serious knowledge :lol:

Completely agree with you here, but it's hard to get back to your prime, a lot of musicians want to try out new things. Nas did the same with Distant Relatives, as did Kanye with 808's.

That's why you see a lot of rappers at the top of their game when they first start out. I wouldn't say that's always the case, but just look at guys like Kanye and Nas who had great debut albums. Hell, even a guy like Kid Cudi's best work came with his first ever mixtape (at least in my opinion).

• Like 1

But you're using Big L, one of the greatest ever, as a measuring stick for how good Wayne is.

Here's what I said:

"Big L was the easiest and most prominent way to show this, but there are dozens of rappers who have polished that technique a lot better than Wayne has."

I didn't use Big L as a measuring stick, although in that style of rap he is the gold standard. I used him as the easiest example of how to properly incorperate punch lines into rap with it not being completely random or simply not making sense. It was also to show that Wayne's clever lines that apparently make him a beast aren't so spectacular. They aren't bad, and some are pretty darn good, but it annoys the [expletive] out of me how this topic can get pages of replies while I post videos of far more developed and insightful songs that get no more than 20 views, let alone a reply.

Everyone is so divided about him. People either think he is the best rapper alive or no talent clown who is ruining hip hop. Carter III was either a classic album or a weed plate. I feel I am someone who is in the middle of the discussion. Carter III was disappointing and Lil Wayne is far from being the best rapper alive. But on the other hand he is a talented rapper, who is entertaining and who I feel loves music. While Carter III was disappointing it was still a very good album and Carter 1 and 2 were good albums as well. He is a good rapper who I would rate ahead of a guy like T.I but is still over hyped if that makes sense.

Thing about this guy is the fact he has really good high's and really really bad lows. Like the whole rock album thing. Basically at a point in his career where he'll do anything to be at the top. Even if it means selling his soul.

I'm in the camp where I feel he's ok. I think it's absolutely insane to put him on the same level lyrically as many of the past and current greats, but he does make some good music.

• Like 1