Gallinari out 2-3 weeks

AboveLegit

He has been a nice surprise this year. This will definitely hurt us since we have no depth to begin with. Shawne Williams will see a ton more playing time most likely.

Hopefully this forces Randolph into the rotation and he plays himself into some burn after Gallo returns. Or simply boosts his trade value.

Why do Knicks fans want this guy to play? Shawne Williams has been much better, I can see Randolph being included in some fashion but no way should he be in any regular sort of rotation from what I've seen this year.

I want him to play because:

Gallo's absence leaves a spot open for a big, and I'd rather see Randolph than Mozgov.

It could be Randolph's first expanded role with decent minutes all season, we see what he can provide with some consistency. He played 28 minutes in a blowout loss at Milwaukee, no higher than 12 in any other game this season. He's averaging 8.1 minutes in 13 games this year. I'd like to see what he can provide in a few games of 20 minute action.

The outcome of Randolph minutes (if he gets them with Gallo out, that is) is an increased trade value for a key transaction down the road, a permanent rotation spot if he shows that he can play with minutes, or to be permanently benched and kept out of his 5-7 minutes a game.

It's a shame that Gallo is out, but if the minutes are given to Randolph, we at least get some clarity on a guy who was supposed to provide such upside.

Gallinari has been playing great for the Knicks, and his loss will hurt the Knicks, but the thing about them is their depth on the wing. Shawne Williams has been a huge surprise, and is starting to play with the potential that he had coming out of Memphis a few years back. If anyone can step up and take Gallinari's spot I think it would be Williams. Randolph could get a look as well, but I wouldn't expect too much from him.