is Paul Pierce a Top TEN/10 SF of all-time?

Revis Island

is Paul Pierce a Top TEN/10 SF of all-time?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am leaning towards a Yes, Here are the only small forwards I think are better.....

Bird, Erving, Pippen, Hondo, Barry, Baylor, Worthy and Arizin. Every other small forward existent I feel Pierce is better, LeBron will eventually surpass him but at this point you gotta go with Pierce.

Edited by ClutchCityOwns

No imo.

Tmac and Vince Carter aren't top SG's of all time.

They are second-tier all-stars. They were never "The Face" of this league.

Bird was, and so were the other mentioned.

Imo though, Pierce is as close as it gets from not being a second-tier all-tar. No doubt a hall of famer though.

Pierce was never the most dominant force in the league and is simply an annual all-star.

• Owner

Bird

Baylor

Pippen

Barry

Erving

Havlicek

Worthy

English

Wilkins

Dantley

Arizin was a poor shooter and didn't play very long. If you're going to stick him in there, you might as well stick in Billy Cunningham, also.

And by the way, Pierce is lucky that Grant Hill was injured. In fact, everyone is...because Grant Hill could've went down as one of the greatest players of all-time.

• Like 1

Bird

Baylor

Pippen

Barry

Erving

Havlicek

Worthy

English

Wilkins

Dantley

Arizin was a poor shooter and didn't play very long. If you're going to stick him in there, you might as well stick in Billy Cunningham, also.

And by the way, Pierce is lucky that Grant Hill was injured. In fact, everyone is...because Grant Hill could've went down as one of the greatest players of all-time.

Pierce was better than Wilkins, Dantley and English.

English couldn't defend a paperbag, Dantley? I don't need to say much. Wilkins never came big when his team was on the line.

• Owner

Pierce was better than Wilkins, Dantley and English.

English couldn't defend a paperbag, Dantley? I don't need to say much. Wilkins never came big when his team was on the line.

Wilkins also didn't have Garnett, Ray Allen, Rondo and Perkins on his team. He was better than Pierce.

What do you mean "I don't need to say much" regarding Dantley? Do you know what he accomplished? He was a multiple-time all-star (couldn't tell you how many times), won ROY, had maybe the highest career field goal percentage of any non-center (of all-time), is top ten on the all-time scoring list the last time I looked, had 3-4 consecutive 30+ PPG seasons, and he was a very good player.

English was also putting up excellent field goal percentages (over 50% for his career, I believe), and he's a 25k scorer over the decade and a half he played.

If Pierce hadn't won a championship with Garnett and Allen, this wouldn't even be a discussion. Pierce has never played good defense (I even followed the guy when he was a Jayhawk, and he wasn't that great of a defender in college), and he only started playing it this last season, just as Ray Allen magically did, because guards and forwards were reluctant to drive with Garnett and Perkins in the paint. It's what you see with Turkoglu and Shard, who both have a ton of trouble defensively, but have it easy with Howard in the way.

Just 2-3 years ago, people were asking if McGrady was on the top ten list, and how much better he was than Pierce. It's funny how the tides turn so quickly once a guy wins a title with two other future HOF'ers.

Pierce made the ECF in 2002. He's no bum without two HOFers. Wilkins on the other-hand greatest battle was in the 2nd round of the playoffs, Not to mention he frequently lost to the Bucks in the playoffs so it wasn't really the ERA of why he failed so much in the playoffs. It's just a weak excuse for an athletic player that can do anything but help the team win games.

I don't know too much about Dantley, but he also wasn't much until he played for the Pistons. At least in the playoffs.

As for English, It's nice if you can score. But winning is the most important stat.

Wilkins also didn't have Garnett, Ray Allen, Rondo and Perkins on his team. He was better than Pierce.

What do you mean "I don't need to say much" regarding Dantley? Do you know what he accomplished? He was a multiple-time all-star (couldn't tell you how many times), won ROY, had maybe the highest career field goal percentage of any non-center (of all-time), is top ten on the all-time scoring list the last time I looked, had 3-4 consecutive 30+ PPG seasons, and he was a very good player.

English was also putting up excellent field goal percentages (over 50% for his career, I believe), and he's a 25k scorer over the decade and a half he played.

If Pierce hadn't won a championship with Garnett and Allen, this wouldn't even be a discussion. Pierce has never played good defense (I even followed the guy when he was a Jayhawk, and he wasn't that great of a defender in college), and he only started playing it this last season, just as Ray Allen magically did, because guards and forwards were reluctant to drive with Garnett and Perkins in the paint. It's what you see with Turkoglu and Shard, who both have a ton of trouble defensively, but have it easy with Howard in the way.

Just 2-3 years ago, people were asking if McGrady was on the top ten list, and how much better he was than Pierce. It's funny how the tides turn so quickly once a guy wins a title with two other future HOF'ers.

Teams back then in the early 2000's with Pierce running the show ALWAYS over achieved due to who?... PIERCE. he always took those Celtic teams FARTHER then they were supposed to go, ALWAYS. he never choked in the playoffs EVER. Every time Pierce's teams have lost in the playoffs it was vs teams they were SUPPOSED to lose too. I mean come on Walter McCarty, Eric Williams, Rodney Rodgers, Tony Delk, Kenny Anderson and them were solid players but do you really think they were types of guys you want to build around your star to win a title..... PLEASE....... Pierce always was EVERYTHING for the Celtics. Kevin Garnett was always EVERYTHING for the Timberwolves and where did KG go without PIERCE?? He went to the SAME LEVEL PIERCE DID which was the conference finals. So does that take away from Kevin Garnett's legacy because he didn't win anything without Pierce? no it doesn't, so it shouldn't for Pierce.

Edited by DWhiTex34