New Orleans @ Atlanta

alcstarheel

• 3 months later...
Ryan progressing, likely game-time decision

Falcons coach Mike Smith disputes a report that Matt Ryan's playing status depends on the health of two key offensive linemen this week.

Smith says he likes the progress he's seeing, and Ryan is up to speed on this week's game plan. Smith will hold off on a decision until Ryan gains medical clearance, which has yet to happen. Expect this to be a game-time decision at best, with the odds stacked against Ryan playing.

Turner Already Ruled Out

LINK

NFL.com's Steve Wyche reports that the Falcons are considering holding Matt Ryan (turf toe) out of Week 14 if LT Sam Baker (elbow) and RG Harvey Dahl (ankle) are unable to play.

Baker and Dahl both missed Week 13, and Atlanta's offense floundered. Ryan didn't practice Wednesday, only taking part in the pre-practice walkthrough in a limited manner. The Falcons smartly don't want to put an immobile Ryan under center if two of their top lineman are inactive. Ryan's plant foot is "painful" and "damaged." He'll be a game-time decision.

Good to see.

I think Reggie Bush isn't used right. He seems like he could be so much better if he got more opportunities. I've noticed that Shawn Payton loves power backs. I think Bush will have a break out season when he leaves next season.