OKC Summer League

SUMMER LEAGUE NEWS

The Thunder is expected to participate in both the Orlando and Las Vegas Summer Leagues in July, Presti said.

Rookies Russell Westbrook D.J. White, Kyle Weaver, point guard Shaun Livingston will play this summer along with 6-10 Serge Ibaka and 6-11 DeVon Hardin, two of last year’s draft picks who played overseas this season.

Westbrook, who averaged the fourth-most minutes per game as a rookie (32.5), will only play in Orlando, while the rest of the roster will be made up of undrafted rookies or D-League players.

Presti said it’s rare for players who gained as much experience as Westbrook to play in the Summer League, which is what Jeff Green did last summer.

“I think that’s a great indicator of their commitment to try to improve,” Presti said.

Both Ibaka and Hardin are expected to join the Thunder once their seasons finish overseas. Ibaka has averaged 7.0 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.1 blocks in 15.8 minutes per game for Ricoh Manresa of the Spanish League. Hardin, playing in Greece, has averaged 5.0 points, 5.7 rebounds and 1.3 blocks in 20.1 minutes a game

i really hope to see Ibaka on the roster next season.

also want to see jeff adrien on the roster along with AJ Abrams

should be a good team

C Hardin/Ibaka

PF Ibaka/White

SF Weaver

SG Livingston

PG Westbrook

Edited by MoeRoadKill

DeVon Hardin is such a beast, if he gets put on the team along with them signing Abrams, OMG.

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Pacific+Life+Pac+10+Men+Basketball+Tournament+NvXXhJLvQOLl.jpg

Kevin Love can't block that.

Westbrook/Abrams (2 of my 10 favorite players)

Durant/Harden

Green/Durant/Harden

Collison/Green/White

Mullens/Hardin/Ibaka

Beast lineup for the future.

Edited by Kirby

livingston is well on his way back from recovering. he had some nice dishs, has a soild midrange game and i think he was the 2nd best player on the floor next to westbrook. i think earl will hit the trading block or on the end of the bench.

harden was great more than i expect he has a pretty decent 3 shot i think he was around 40% he woulda taken around 10-15 shots from deep. when people say his slow and nonathletic, they are wrong this guy is crafty and gets anywere he wants and is very athletic, he got a few putback dunks and a few oops.

weaver some games he showed up and by that i mean you actually noticed him on the floor on both ends and some games i was like oh who scored that..? if u know wat i mean, he doesnt really impact the game much. though his 3 point shot has gotten a little better form last year and he did play some point, which was interesting.

ibeka i expect him to be getting soild mins and will be fighting them from white (who was very very impressive) and collision, also i wouldnt be surprised if collision mins get lessened because of ibeka and white.

and mullens if u wanted to know i think he will be headed to the d league or overseas. he has a nice shot when it 'on' he hit a 3 pointer and looked very nice a few soild turn around jumpers. but this guy get bullied in the post, bob swift was killing him on both ends. roy hibbert had his best game against him 22 points 8 boards and 4 blocks. slow to get back on defense always looking to cherry and doesnt fight for low post position

livingston is well on his way back from recovering. he had some nice dishs, has a soild midrange game and i think he was the 2nd best player on the floor next to westbrook. i think earl will hit the trading block or on the end of the bench.

harden was great more than i expect he has a pretty decent 3 shot i think he was around 40% he woulda taken around 10-15 shots from deep. when people say his slow and nonathletic, they are wrong this guy is crafty and gets anywere he wants and is very athletic, he got a few putback dunks and a few oops.

weaver some games he showed up and by that i mean you actually noticed him on the floor on both ends and some games i was like oh who scored that..? if u know wat i mean, he doesnt really impact the game much. though his 3 point shot has gotten a little better form last year and he did play some point, which was interesting.

ibeka i expect him to be getting soild mins and will be fighting them from white (who was very very impressive) and collision, also i wouldnt be surprised if collision mins get lessened because of ibeka and white.

and mullens if u wanted to know i think he will be headed to the d league or overseas. he has a nice shot when it 'on' he hit a 3 pointer and looked very nice a few soild turn around jumpers. but this guy get bullied in the post, bob swift was killing him on both ends. roy hibbert had his best game against him 22 points 8 boards and 4 blocks. slow to get back on defense always looking to cherry and doesnt fight for low post position

Alright, thanks for the updates man. I've always been a fan of Livingston's and have really been pulling for him since that horrific knee injury he saw (to this day, that is still the most devestating injury that I have ever saw as it happened) to be able to get back into the league. It is a shame that he got that injury because I think that he could've developed into a really good point guard. I really took a liking to Harden last year at Arizona State and just love the way that he plays the game. I don't know what it is about Weaver and Ibaka, but there is just something about them that I like lol.

When is the Thunder's next game? If I have time I will definitely try and watch it.