New England @ Houston

alcstarheel

• 4 months later...
Wes Welker leaves early with knee injury

Wes Welker left Sunday's game in the first quarter with a left knee injury.

Welker's knee gave out on the turf, and he was unable to put weight on the leg as he limped off with help from two trainers. He was highly emotional on the sidelines, leading one to believe it's a serious injury. It certainly won't help keep Tom Brady and Randy Moss in the game for 60 minutes. Jan. 3 - 1:18 pm et

ROTOWORLD.com

Damn that is not good. :(

He is a cocky bastard he will still play his starters.

It's called making sure your players aren't going to get rusty, and I am someone that believes that you should play your starters every game in order to keep them in a groove.

Injuries can happen any damn week of the season, and even though if you don't play your starters in the last week or two to maintain their good health, they may get rusty.

It's called making sure your players aren't going to get rusty, and I am someone that believes that you should play your starters every game in order to keep them in a groove.

Injuries can happen any damn week of the season, and even though if you don't play your starters in the last week or two to maintain their good health, they may get rusty.

It is not like you are going to have a month off, it would only be a week. They are pro athletes one week does not get them rusty.

Edited by ChosenOne

^exactly. they have been playing football their entire lives, missing one week is not going to make them rusty.

and yes its true that this could have happened any week during any practice. but that doesnt mean that you should still play him.

it makes absolutely no sense to leave him or any other starter in the game

Edited by fly3rs18

It may sound like a stupid comparison, but it's kind of like how Steve Irwin was around extremely dangerous animals his entire life, and the dies from a stingray, and Wes Welker has taken some huge hits, and then goes down on a freakish injury.

Anyways, Julian Edelman, the player who replaced Wes Welker had 10 receptions and 103 yards yesterday, and he is faster than Wes Welker, so he will need to step up.

I do not question Bill Belicheck on his decision to play his starters, nor di I question him on the decision to go for it on 4th down against the Indianapolis Colts.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12746269/belichick-quiet-after-calling-texans-field-one-of-the-worst

Belichick is complaining that Welker got hurt due to your field condition... I think someone is just mad that they probably shouldn't have been playing their starters and now might pay the price.

Edited by bigdog17k