ESPN: Iverson close to a deal?

Dash

Are Miami, New York and Charlotte the teams that Allen Iverson is interested in signing with? Yes, according to a post on Iverson's Twitter account on Tuesday.

"My people just informed me that we are getting close to a deal. I asked them to call me when its done. I am so ready to know!" said a post on Iverson's Twitter account late Wednesday morning.

The next post, 18 minutes later, said, "I have not been this eager with anticipation since the night before the NBA Draft in 96. Then I knew where I was going, now I want to know."

Link

• Owner

I'm guessing Charlotte. It just makes perfect sense to me for AI to go to the Bobcats in my opinion.

I think he SHOULD go back to Larry Brown, but I don't see why Charlotte does this with DJ Augustin in the mix, and Felton possibly staying.

I really want him to sign with Charlotte. Would love to see how he'll work into the mix of things.

C- Chandler

PF- Diaw

SF- Wallace

SG- Iverson

PG- Augustin(I say Augustin only because his style of PG would compliment Iverson much more, IMO and there's no guarantee of Felton staying)

I really want him to sign with Charlotte. Would love to see how he'll work into the mix of things.

C- Chandler

PF- Diaw

SF- Wallace

SG- Iverson

PG- Augustin(I say Augustin only because his style of PG would compliment Iverson much more, IMO and there's no guarantee of Felton staying)

Iverson Over Bell?

• Owner

Just run with a starting five of...

C - Chandler

PF - Diaw

SF - Wallace

SG - Bell

PG - Iverson

Work out a sign-and-trade with Felton, bring in another big that actually scores the ball with his back to the basket.

.. this can't have been a serious question.

Its a pretty serious question. Iverson is a ballhog and not a team player. Raja Bell is a more team player than AI anyday. AI is all about him. Look at me I can score 30 points while takeing 70 shots, thats not really impressive to me. Thats why he has never won anything. Look at how much better Denver got once he left.

Its a pretty serious question. Iverson is a ballhog and not a team player. Raja Bell is a more team player than AI anyday. AI is all about him. Look at me I can score 30 points while takeing 70 shots, thats not really impressive to me. Thats why he has never won anything. Look at how much better Denver got once he left.

Well first of all, the past three seasons, he's a shot persona low of 14, 19 and 20 shots per game. And in all seasons, he's shot better than his career average .425%, shooting as high as .458 in the season where he shot 20 per game (2007-2008), so really, the excuse that he's 'just shoots a lot of shots and doesn't get many in' is a tired, old excuse that thirteen year olds use because they can't think of a better argument. He's also dished out 5 assist per game since 2001-2002, and went as high as 7.9 assists per game 2004-2005 and maintained higher than 7 assists per game until this season, where he dropped back to 5. So, yeah, he does create for himself, but he's also a good creator for his teammates as well.

So let's look at the problem, then:

Charlotte is a team that has no primary option on offense and will probably struggle to score more than 90 points per game this upcoming season if Wallace is their main option. This seems like a dream situation for Iverson, who is someone who can create for himself despite his height and lack of really effective outside shot, and scores at a high rate.

He's also a pest on defense, although, I admit, he's lost a step or two and Larry Brown is one of the coaches who could actually stand having Iverson around.

But, no you're right, although Bell has lost a step himself defensively, and has been on the obvious decline offensively for years now (11.9 points per game is a lot lower than his near 15 points per game a few seasons ago), the Bobcats would probably do better if Iverson was on the bench and Bell was starting. Boy, the Bell can just get the offense going!

• Owner

Denver won 50 games two years ago, and they actually made the playoffs BECAUSE of Iverson's late-season surge...so I'm not too sure if Denver's success this past season was because of his departure, or because of guys like the Birdman stepping up, Camby leaving, and Nene and K-Mart playing healthy.

If Iverson does go to Charlotte, he's going to play 30 minutes a game anyways, so you might as well start him at the point. Bell in the five gives you a shooter and a defender that can stay with the thicker, stronger or faster point guards that would either abuse Iverson in the post (Billups) or blow past him on a drive (CP3, Harris).

But the Bobcats are going to struggle to score without a post presence. Tyson Chandler isn't going to post up, demand the ball, and create his own shot, and Charlotte doesn't have Andre Miller or Chris Paul throwing Chandler lobs.

Well first of all, the past three seasons, he's a shot persona low of 14, 19 and 20 shots per game. And in all seasons, he's shot better than his career average .425%, shooting as high as .458 in the season where he shot 20 per game (2007-2008), so really, the excuse that he's 'just shoots a lot of shots and doesn't get many in' is a tired, old excuse that thirteen year olds use because they can't think of a better argument. He's also dished out 5 assist per game since 2001-2002, and went as high as 7.9 assists per game 2004-2005 and maintained higher than 7 assists per game until this season, where he dropped back to 5. So, yeah, he does create for himself, but he's also a good creator for his teammates as well.

So let's look at the problem, then:

Charlotte is a team that has no primary option on offense and will probably struggle to score more than 90 points per game this upcoming season if Wallace is their main option. This seems like a dream situation for Iverson, who is someone who can create for himself despite his height and lack of really effective outside shot, and scores at a high rate.

He's also a pest on defense, although, I admit, he's lost a step or two and Larry Brown is one of the coaches who could actually stand having Iverson around.

But, no you're right, although Bell has lost a step himself defensively, and has been on the obvious decline offensively for years now (11.9 points per game is a lot lower than his near 15 points per game a few seasons ago), the Bobcats would probably do better if Iverson was on the bench and Bell was starting. Boy, the Bell can just get the offense going!

Here I will break this Real Deals Way:

Iverson=0 Rings. End of Discussion.

He runied the pistons, and the nuggets improved when he got traded. What should that tell you?

Here I will break this Real Deals Way:

Iverson=0 Rings. End of Discussion.

He runied the pistons, and the nuggets improved when he got traded. What should that tell you?

Lol, so that's why he shouldn't start over Bell?

Let me break this down for you:

Allen Iverson - omgzz 25+ points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raja Bell - went undrafted

God, no wonder everyone thinks you're a joke.