When was Kobe's Prime?

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just curious, A lot of Laker fans here so I was wondering when you thought Kobe's Prime existed, or does it still exist today?

Some people say 02-03 Kobe > 05-06 Kobe, and some people say 07-08 Kobe > 02-03 Kobe, It's all over the place, so I am curious when Kobe's Prime existed, or if it still exists today.

He's in his prime right now. He's taken on some injuries over the past few years, but despite that his game is the most complete its ever been.

I agree with you, before he was more athletic but he would also force the issue more. His crafts and IQ has gotten much better now and then it did in the past.

I think he's just passed, or is just passing his physical prime, but he's so smart and takes care of himself so well that he won't suffer a serious drop at least for the next two seasons.

Yeah, I think in an athletic standpoint he has declined, but as far as the game goes, I think he's playing better basketball than ever. Like Hakeem Olajuwon, he honestly declined athletically in 94' and 95', but his skills and game were still there so he manages to win back to back that way.

His physical peak was 05-08, I don't think anybody can dispute that. He may not have been as athletic during his 01-04 seasons, but physically, he was the most mature, and basically unstoppable. Just look at his numbers during those years and you'll see why.

I believe Kobe has declined a bit physically, I dunno if he can replicate the 81 point season at this point of his career, I doubt it actually. But as he declines physically, he's grown mentally and emotionally into a more complete player. He's smarter now, and a much better team player. I personally believe he is in his prime right now, was in his prime last season. He may not be his best physically, but overall, as a player and as a leader, he's the best he has ever been.

• Owner
I dunno if he can replicate the 81 point season at this point of his career

I'm not so sure about that. He still dropped 61 on the Knicks, and that was in just 36 minutes, through an injured finger, 31 shots attempted.

Comparing that to the 62 he dropped on Dallas in 32 minutes (back in 2006, when he scored 81), I don't know.

If the Lakers suffered through devastating injuries this season, and Kobe had to give a 70, I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

81 is a different beast. I'm not sure if Kobe or ANYONE in the league right now can replicate something like that, prime or not. Just a special night.

I would like to say now, and that maybe the right answer. Hes probably the smartest bball player right now then hes ever been in his life. He is a master of the game now rather then just a phenom.

However, 06 Kobe was flat out ridiculous. I shutter to think what would happen if he had the supporting cast he has now and put them in 06. Im talking about 35+ per night Kobe. He was truly unstoppable that year. He was in his peak athetlically that year imo. He was so quick and explosive that any shot he wanted was his, and could make any move. Now I think he relys more on his smarts, efficiency, physical play, supporting cast, etc.

So you dont like Kobe because of what other people think of him?

Or your saying you do like him, you just dont like his supporters?

I dont like Kobe because people obsess over him, worship him, masturbate over his pics, get the point? kobe fans love kobe more than their parents.

• Owner

I also would like to point out that I would like Kobe if people werent on his Peñor so much.

Yeah, I'm sick of the entire country of China supporting Yao Ming, also...and that's why I can't stand him...

Yeah, I'm sick of the entire country of China supporting Yao Ming, also...and that's why I can't stand him...

They support him but they dont worhship like some kind of prophet, chinese fans like other players like Kobe, LeBron, T-Mac while 999/1000 Laker fans are Kobe fans.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan